Hi I´m Domingo :) My family owns a beach house in Pucatrihue, a beach located 60 kms to the coast of Osorno city. We used to visit family in the area and pass all our summers since forever in this place. All my childhood and teenage years where spent in pucatrihue which I consider magical for it´s ashtonishing nature and impressive wildlife, so we all have a special connection to this place.
Due to reasons regarding growing up, we stopped comming to the area. Nowadays there are few opportunities in which we can find ourselves together at the beach house (also considering that it is a 10 hour drive from our hometown). For a long time we didnt go to Pucatrihue, so the propperty has suffered the wear of the strong south seasons, specially winter. Now we have decided to recover the house, so we are going to spent time an energy on transforming it into the beautiful and warm place that it use to be :)
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Pucatrihue is characterized by it´s virgin forest, beautiful beaches and fauna. It is located in an area with strong native influence (huilliche culture, tribe that belongs to the mapuche group, most iconic and representative original people of Chile). You will have the chance to see how this people still maintains there cultural heritage through there costumes and food. You will experience the incredible seafood, to my taste the best in the world, not kidding. You can choose from 4 beaches just in pucatrihue, trekk to the desolated "caleta de manzano" (3 hrs) or visit the bay of "bahia mansa" to buy some fresh fish and taste the "loco" empanadas.
At this time, we mainly need help with:
- General maintenance
- Building an orchard
- Cleanning inside the house
Considering that the work will be mostly gardenning, you should be fit and prepared to work outdoors. 5 hrs for 5 days, (max 25 hours/week). We usually start around 9:00 , but It´s up to you though. You can manage your time as you want and maybe work more intensely and finish earlier, you decide. It is hard work! We expect to recieve travellers that are motivated and are not afraid of getting their feet on the mud.
If you have any other skill that you think can help us in anyway, we can talk to see if you can do a specific project diferentiated from the tasks described.
- Bed and closet for yourself (depending if there are more workawayers, you will be alone or share the room with one more person).
- Shared bathroom.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
*️ We dont eat much meat. We we provide veggies, pasta, rice, tea, coffee, chickpeas, beans, chicken or fish (bbq once a week).
*️ We will share the meals. We like to create a family vibe so the cooking and cleanning is done by everybody. Of course, if you wanna go for a walk and eat outsde it is perfectly fine.
- 50 mts away from surf school with gear for rent (around $5.000 to rent board or wet suit). We have a wet suit that you can use, but its not so thick. You wont last more than 1 hr in the water :S
- 50 mts away from two main surf spot (beginner and intermediate).
2) Kayakking: The "Contacto" and "Choroy Traiguen" rivers offer the posibility of kayakking or going for walks.
3) Trekking: 3 beaches to choose for long walks or you can go on a hike through the forest towards "caleta de Manzano", virgin beach near Pucatrihue.
4) Day Trips:
- Maicolpue: beach located 12 km away. You can hitchhike or take local transport.
- Bahía Mansa: Fishhermans bay located 10 kms away. You can hitchhike or take local transport.
- Huenteao Island: Located 400 mts into the ocean from our house. It´s colonized by pengüins. You can get there by paying small fee to fisherman to take you by boat or paddling with a surfboard that you rent from the surfschool.
You will share time with Magdalena, the owner of the house. She is always open to new cultures, people and languages. We will be happy to tell you about Chile, the area where you are staying and whatever question you may have about our exciting country and culture.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hrs for 5 days, (max 25 hours/week)