We are located the prestigious waters of Desolation Sound. This area is home to arguably the most beautiful spots along the BC Coast and is teaming with an abundance of marine life.
We are looking for energetic and fun people to help get our property ready for the summer season!
Work includes painting, staining cabins, laundry, deep cleaning, landscaping and more!
Join us as we watch the area come to life with exceptional displays of marine life and natural landscapes.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Experience Desolation Sound intimately while you live in among the calmest and warmest water in the area. Experience once in a life time contacts with whales and other marine life. Live in a remote location that is completely off the grid and self sustained through the use of our water based independent power plant.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Host has indicated that they will pay at least the minimum hourly wage of their country for each hour worked and that accommodation will also be provided. They are asking for help with a business or business activity. Contact the host directly via the site messenger for more information and details about the wage provided. Any arrangements should be agreed in advance with your host.
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read our profile.
We are looking to host 5 workaway staff this May at our lodge located in the pristine waters of Desolation Sound. You would work from 10am till 3pm with our caretaker to get our lodge ready for our opening day.
Here is what a typical day looks like;
- Wake up (you will have your own room with shower etc) and join staff for breakfast (self-provided) from 8am till 9 am
- 10 am till 3pm work with our onsite staff to; trail clearing and building, cleaning of interior and exterior of buildings, tree pruning, cut fire wood, assist with dock repair, stain cedar around cabins and main lodge, and help maintain entrance, paths and garden spaces.
- There will be a 30 - 60 min lunch break each day depending on the task that is being completed.
- 3pm and onward is free time for boating, fishing/ prawning (usually 70 huge prawns per trap), kayaking, swimming, paddle boarding, hiking, and enjoying grounds.
- Staff Breakfast/lunch/dinner provided
- Satellite Wi-fi and phone service provided. Unfortunately we can not stream video/movies due to limited bandwidth. We do have a dedicated satellite phone for in/out bound calls. No Skype/WhatsApp/Facetime/Hangout. Cell service is very limited but can be accessed in a short boat ride in emergent situations.
Along with access to the Lodge and all its amenities you will also receive $25 a day paid out every week.
This is a very special place and a remarkable opportunity. We have an abundance of sea life including visits from resident humpback and killer whales, porpoises, as well as otters, sea lions, seals and all kinds of bird life.
KEY POINTS TO KNOW
1) You are responsible for ensuring you have the correct visa, work permit (if required) and insurance, and providing copies before arrival.
2) We will pay you $25.00 per day plus lunch, dinner and accommodations.
3) Must be willing to adapt and experience life in a remote lodge that's off the grid and in the wilderness.
4) Must be in good physical condition, positive, outgoing, willing to learn and most of all, have fun!
Individual suites with private bathroom and shower, laundry and internet. Use of the Lodges amenities, docks, and water sports equipment when not in use by guests.
All meals are included. Alcohol is ok but must be purchased on your own.
A half a days travel by local transit from Vancouver, B.C. Enjoy the scenic coast line as you travel via 2 ferries through the Sunshine Coast to Lund where you will picked up our staff via boat. Or if you're on Vancouver Island take the ferry from Comox to Powell River and we can help arrange transport to Lund.
The lodge is only accessible by boat or float plane. Our staff will meet you in Lund to transport you to Lodge via one of our boats. You will have the chance for trips back into Lund every week with staff via one of the Lodges boats.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-6 hours a day