Belgien, Dänemark, Finnland, Frankreich, Großbritannien, Italien, Norwegen, Schweden
unterwegs auf Reisen
My name is Karolien! Who am I? That’s a good question and figuring it out is the quest of my life. I love existing on this absurd planet with all its ups and downs. I want to be able to openly talk about everything and I’ll always be interested in everyone’s opinion as long as there is respect for everyone involved. I only have my own perspective, and I want to broaden that with yours. Teach me something, give me space to grow, a happy or peaceful environment to flourish in. Make me move my limits, let my body be tired after a day of physical work, or my tummy well-fed after a home-cooked meal shared together.
I don’t want to romanticize travel, but I love it. Good or bad, life-changing, or a bit boring at times. I just hope you’ll let me be a part of your story.
I won't lie and tell you I'm very skilled but I do believe a lot of things can be done with the right guidance, an open mindset, and the will to learn!
Some facts about me:
- I’m 21 years old
- I had my first intercultural experience when I was 15. I went on exchange to Italy for 3 months with AFS. It opened my eyes to the beauty not only of the world but of other people and cultures.
- Since then I've worked as an AFS Flanders volunteer, welcoming more than 300 students each year from all over the world on our national camps
- I can be very peaceful at times and although I love talking a lot, I do enjoy time spend quietly (whether it’s by myself or together) just to relax and think.
- I'm passionate about equality, feminism, history and art (especially paintings), and always interested when somebody is willing to share their knowledge with me.
- I can happily spend hours in the kitchen, although not everything turns out equally edible.
- I’m a vegetarian (since my host family in Finland I stayed with during my gap year was vegetarian, and I liked the change, I’ve remained vegetarian for the two years since)
- I truly try to live more sustainable and think about my impact on the world.
- For the past year I've been studying philosophy, the year before that it was tourism, and the year before that psychology.
- Oh yes, and in between I took a gap year thinking I would have everything figured out after that...
Do you like laughing at clumsy people? Are you brave enough to try the things I prepare in the kitchen? Do you have any animals that I can bother? Will I be more of a welcome future friend than a preferably silent ‘helping guest’? If the answer to any of these is YES, there's a good chance we'll get along!
There is always more to a person, I wouldn’t know what to tell you first so hopefully based on all of this you’ll give me a chance, and maybe get to know me a bit more.
Language (although English isn't my mother tongue I love checking texts or writing posts so if you need anything like that done, I'd love to)
Cooking and baking
Cleaning (I know how to do everything that's not above and beyond)
Taking care of animals (basic tasks or more with clear instructions)
Hospitality (I've worked in multiple tourism related places)
French: Gute Kenntnisse
Freestyle dance parties
Any board or card game
I wash the dishes or walk my dog when I need deep relaxation