Wir sind gerade
unterwegs auf Reisen
Unser nächstes Reiseziel:Island of Skye, United Kingdom - von Mär 2022 bis Jul 2022 Alle anzeigen
We are Ailidh and Nico, we are two working professionals that have decided to take a big time out from our business. We’ve recently rented our house and are spending some time learning, travelling and enjoying different experiences in our old VW Camper “Noah”.
Recently, we have had an incredible time down at the Southern tip of England between the Lizard and Land’s End. We plan to be living on a boat over the winter period and will be looking to travel north through England, Wales and Scotland, Summer 2022 onwards.
The past year that we have all endured has pushed us to try and experience as much happiness and joyful moments as possible within beautiful Britain.
A little bit about us :)
I am 32 years old and have a lust for life. I spent most of my twenties travelling and working in Australia, the Philippines, Canada, Fiji and India doing various jobs such as:
- Working at an offshore scuba diving resort (assisting with all resort duties - checking dive gear, preparing boat for slack tide cold water dives, cooking for the guests, maintaining mechanical equipment and generator.
- Working on a macadamia farm (removing new lateral regrow the from the root stocks of macadamia trees for nut production).
- Cleaning a boutique French hotel (managing room rotations and apartment cleans and bespoke preparations for new guests).
- Working at a salmon fishing resort Queen Charlotte Island / Haida Gwaii (filleting fish and looking after boats)
- Tree planting in Northern British Columbia (planting Native species in heavily logged regions of Canada)
After my travels and experiencing some of the above jobs, I enrolled in an apprenticeship to become a Conservation Arborist working in Epping Forest (London’s nearest and largest open space/woodland). It was here that I learnt the skills to manage and care for trees carrying out all kinds of work such as climbing, rigging, and removing large dangerous trees to fine pruning of fruit trees and managing gardens, from stately homes to the raggedy-ann secret garden. Since completing the apprenticeship 9 years ago, I started my own business managing trees north of London. And after meeting my fiancé Ailidh we opened another tree surgery business in her home land of Edinburgh, Scotland.
I’ve had many beautiful experiences travelling and meeting all walks of life that has shaped the person I am today and have allowed me to grow as an individual. Some of the things that motivate me, as its asked me to describe above ! :) are music (I love all genres of music and love to create ) / surfing / swimming and diving ! - water is my life and I am a real water baby ! I’ve recently loved learning to be more experimental with cooking.I love classic cars and motorbikes and have been working on classic vehicles since I bought my first old beetle when was 15 years old - repairs - paint and engine work and ailidh and I have recently completely Renovated an old VW LT :) predominantly i love working outside with wood and trees and hope to continue doing this and learning to be more creative with the wood we have harvested.
I am 32 years old :) I left Edinburgh at 19 and moved to London, enrolling at drama school, on a 3 year acting course. These were some of the best years of my life - meeting lifelong friends, working alongside incredible tutors and directors, performing in beautiful spaces and theatres within London, gaining huge amounts of confidence and ultimately getting to stretch my imagination and “play” alongside other amazing actors on this course.
When graduated, I spent 10 years “treading the boards”, working in theatres within London and all over the UK. There were incredible highs and some lows when trying to ‘make it’, as an actress! I was fortunate to love all my ‘bread and butter’ jobs: ushering at Sadler’s Wells Theatre, waitressing in Sloane Square London, teaching drama to school children, and my favourite and most challenging and rewarding job was working at a specialist school for children with severe learning difficulties. I loved being stretched and pushed at work, and never shied away from a challenge! Not getting the ‘break’ I worked so hard for, I made the toughest decision, to take a side step from acting. Everything in life happens for a reason :) When I met my fiancé Nico - we moved up to Edinburgh for new beginnings and opened up the tree surgery business together (along with working outside, I took care of all the accounts, bookings, invoicing and advertising), which has been the most incredible few years.
I love to paint, yoga is my calm, when I get the opportunity to stop - I am a book worm, walking in nature and the mountains of Scotland lifts my spirits, music is always playing in Nico and my home, catching up with loved ones over a dish I’ve created with a glass of wine is such happiness.
We both thoroughly enjoyed the past few years working together and building two successful businesses of which was a hard decision to let go of, yet a very important one, to follow our dreams and new direction.
Bereiche, die uns interessieren oder in denen wir anderen etwas beibringen können
Interessiert uns:Betreuung von TierenUnterrichtenSprachpraxis
Bereits etwas Erfahrung vorhandenHilfe mit Computer /InternetHandwerkliche ArbeitenTourismus / GastgewerbeHausarbeitenZubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die FamilieBabysitten und KinderbetreuungMithilfe auf einem BauernhofHeimwerker- und BauarbeitenSeniorenbetreuungÖkoprojekteKunstprojekteKaritative Arbeit
In der Lage, anderen etwas beizubringen:Gartenarbeiten
Was könntest du arbeiten?
Our combined skills are as follows:
- Very adaptable and good people skills
- Both psychically fit: full professional level experience in tree work / management / removal / shaping / pruning, along with general garden, hedge work etc
- Full uk drivers license x 2
- Lots of previous experience - general labour - cleaning / painting / cooking / gardening / stacking wood /cutting wood / managing fires / driving loaded vehicles ‘ tractors and machinery ‘ general mechanical experience.
- General computer / it skills
- Business management: invoicing / accounts / bookings / scheduled meetings with clients / managing meetings and quotes.
- Tree planting
- Working with boats ( some time ago now ) and diving / diving certs.
- Driving large tractors and trailers
- Hospitality restaurant and bar / hotel work
- Experience working with and looking after children
- Good organisation skills - much needed when running a business :) !
We are professional, approachable, respectful and eager to learn. We are non-smokers, non drug users, however we are partial to some wine and beer, but our party days are few and far between :) We don’t have any furry pets, yet! We come as a pair and like to think we’d be a great asset with a view to helping as much as possible.
Mehr Infos zu meinen Sprachinteressen
I (Nico) hope to learn Spanish
32 & 33
Was noch ...
Feel free to ask us any questions you like! However here are a few of our favourite things:
- Sun, sea, surfing, swimming, paddle boarding, snorkelling, diving, kayaking, yoga, meditation, cycling, hill-walking, camping, massaman curry, playing guitar and harmonica, masala dosa, knitting, eggy bread, Picpoul de Pinet, scrabble, classic vehicles, rummy, log burners, vinyl records, reading and real coffee, motorbikes, family, laughter and feeling alive :) Just a few of our favourite things!!
Etwas mehr Information
I (Ailidh) have a mild allergy to onions, lentils and some pulses