My name is Alyona, I'm 30 years old and I'm from Ukraine (I live in the very western part close to the mountains). I work in IT sector as a freelancer and I enjoy traveling, in past 7 years I have traveled to 50 countries, in some of them I've been living for some time.
I love to observe life and learn new things. I'm a visual person, it is always easier to percieve and produce information in a visual way. That's why my biggest hobby is photography and I plan to make it my main job soon.
Also I have been an active volunteer (part of AIESEC organization) and worked with children in Macedonia, Tunisia, India and Turkey and organized projects in Ukraine.
I'd describe myself as easy going, relaxed, friendly, cheerful and I love to laugh :) But I'm not very talkative, usually I prefer to listen, that's my introvertive part.
My philosophy: What you believe you will receive
Why I’m on Workaway:
As I mentioned above, I've been a volunteer and worked with children in different countries. 5 years passed since my last project and I have a strong desire to do it again. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and do something useful while Im abroad. I want to share my culture and learn new culture this way.
I'm looking for a project with children in India. I already have flight tickets to India for April and I've been learning Hindi during past 2 months.
I love learning about cultures, languages, people. Also I love red poppies, dogs and the smell of petrol. Vegetarian.
My biggest interest is photography and people.
My main values in life are: family, honesty, love and freedom.
Some more information you can find in this interview with me for the magazine. This is what I've learn in 7 years of traveling, volunteering, living abroad and meeting new people - https://issuu.com/belavia_onair/docs/onair_106_issuu/94?fbclid=IwAR3Vmiw-9wvd5jUPnnUvOK8bjpqI3v4a2TX9PddWBgG16O2eLQBo0pwpkfs
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
- Photography (One of my current jobs is food photograpy for websites and magazines (if needed I can share links) But I also have expertise in other genres like street photo, lifestyle, portrait, landscape. I'm still learning, attending photoschool and online clasees. Will be happy to share my knowledge)
- Teaching basic English ( I've been doing this as a part of my volunteer program in Tunisia. I was teaching English in kindergarden for kids 3-6 y.o during 2 months). I have IELTS certificate (band 7.5)
- Teaching Arts (not an expert in this, but I've been doing this as a part of my volunteer program in India. It took place at school, children 5-11 y.o)
- Teaching multi-ethnical tolerance (it was my internship in Macedonia for high-school students, I have designed my own program of 10 lessons)
- Teaching georaphy (basic school program + my personal experience of traveling 50 countries)
- Marketing (this is my university degree, though not my job. Anyway I will be happy to help with SMM if needed)
- Data Research (this is the major part of my main job, but honestly, that's not what I would love to do as a volunteer)
- I like cooking and I will be very happy to help at kitchen
English, Ukrainian, Russian, Hindi (beginner), Turkish (beginner)
I've started learning Hindi and I would really love to develop it more, to practice and to learn better. Also I want to learn cooking Indian meals and I will be very glad to help at the kitchen
I do not eat meat. (Eggs, diary and fish I do eat). Also I can't eat fresh onion and coriander.