Bisher 246 mal gespeichert
I am looking for 2 guests: one to help with publishing & rental & one for making a series of high-quality drug-policy videos.
1. PUBLISHING & HOUSE-RENTAL
I want someone to co-manage both these projects with me, and manage them when I am gone. You can see my old profile below: that should give an idea of what the publishing-project is about. I am good at a whole lot of things, but my social skills are not top class, so that (and some economic sense) is what I want from you.
I feel "Anyone with an IQ >50 should have made millions from this project", but as it is very hard for me to be a creative writer (telling my readers that greed and money are terrible things), and try to make money at the same time is hard, and I need someone to do this for me, in this respect being "my boss".
Don't get me wrong. I have plenty of commercial skills - giving talks, presenting ideas, capture an audience, improving texts, the camera loves me/I look presentable, I speak lots of languages, better part of a Ph.D. in marketing, etc. - but I am not very good (actually, I'm pathetic) at managing my project economically.
So, what I want from you:
1. Good knowledge of some of the publishing-related activities outlined below.
2. Good rental skills.
3. A total conviction that you can make oodles of money out of this project.
Once you see my homepage, you will be impressed by my father, me, the project & the assets.
If you think "If this guy cannot make a fortune out of this, he must be an absolute moron!" you could well be the right person.
You being English (or American, etc.) or Swedish would give you an advantage.
This new profile (everything above THE ===) was entered 19092019.
I want help to promote my drug-policy thinking (and my 2 books on the subject) on the subject. For this purpose I have constructed a script, designed to become 6 videos, including cool illustrations: it is an all-out attack on drug illegality (and, yes, I am/used to be a drug policy researcher).
I do not particularly like drugs, but illegality creates so much corruption and badness, that virtually any form of legalization is to prefer, and I have put together what I feel is a pretty clever argument for this. I once became the fastest student, but in putting this video together I've been much cleverer.
What I want from you is:
A shared disgust of illegality. I.e. I want you to do this in part because you think it is important, and because you want to make a difference.
An ability to produce 3 hours of high-quality video on a shoestring.
This was the old title (and content) of my listing:
"Editing, video-making, book-selling, grants-applications & housemaster in Fuengirola, Spain."
THE PROJECT PARTS:
1. EDITING. Though English is not my first language I am pretty good at it: your job would be to improve the texts while not changing what is “odd but good/ok” (permissibly quaint, intelligently weird, strange but consistent, etc.,). There are texts on my homepage that will show you how I write. Basically, you pick a text, and as we edit it, I will take note, and do the corresponding changes in other texts. Wage.
2. DRUG POLICY. I want help to promote my drug-policy thinking and my books on the subject (plus videos). Very liberal: legalize. I do not particularly like drugs but I very much disapprove of the corruption that illegality creates (and, yes, I am a drug policy researcher). I need a specialist in making (and teaching me how to make) high-quality video (as for "Ted Talks") preferably "professional quality on a shoestring" (using my Camon EOS 600D). Wage
3. SELL BOOKS TO TRADITIONAL PUBLISHERS. Contact publishers directly, or arrange for appointments at book-fairs (English, Swedish, Spanish, French, German & Italian markets). Wage or commission (your choice).
4. SELL EBOOKS/POD ONLINE. 60 e-books & 60 CreateSpace paper books (are/can be made available on) Amazon and need promotion in Spanish, French, Italian & German. Wage or commission (your choice). If you find 1 particular English or Swedish book you want to work online, that can be discussed. Wage or commission (your choice).
5. SELL FILMS (and scripts, rights to make new films, treatments, and adaptation-rights). Wage or commission (your choice).
6. GRANTS-APPLICATION. Both the revival of my father's literary/cinematic heritage and my own drug-policy thoughts are eligible for various funding. Wage or commission (your choice).
7. COLLECTION-SELLING. I have one collection of the Spanish icons (that has traveled the world) and one of Orrefors glass (small but excellent: possibly the best remaining in private ownership) that I want to liquidize in order to finance my other projects. Wage or commission (your choice).
8. REVIVE FATHER. I need help to revive the literary/cinematic heritage of my father (1910-1984). Father was once considered a top European fiction writer and when you check him out, you will be impressed.
9. HOUSEMASTER. I am looking for a paid (€700/m) long-term house-master from 1st of May 2020 that (apart from advancing the project) can: 1. Assist me in managing the project outlined above & 2. Manage the rentals of 1/2 apartments through Airbnb, etc... However, such a position will be offered only if the project gets going and produced sufficient revenue.
MORE ON SOME PROJECT PARTS
SELL BOOKS & FILMS. It's all in place and ready to go: if you know a genre/language (and have some agenting experience), it could be a quite income-bringing job. In the languages listed above - English, Swedish, Spanish, French, German & Italian - I have between 6 and 15 titles published. In English & Swedish, I try to stay away from e-publishing/PoD, but in the other 4 languages, it's an option.
DRUG POLICY. As a drug policy researcher, my point is that we should turn away from drug illegality; that we should do so not because drugs are good, but because what follows as a result of illegality is much worse than what would follow from a liberal approach.
I HAVE: Just finished a book on the subject, designed to be entertaining, yet pretty "deep". The book is about: 1. How illegality, in reality, creates higher prices (by cornering the market), and 2. The true consequences of illegality" (criminals and criminal surpluses both causing corruption). My book guides the reader to find out "What should I think about illegality" (through an Excel spreadsheet that I provide). Also, I have virtually finished what I figure is a world-class critique of illegality that needs to be turned into videos and get promoted.
I NEED: Help in making & promoting the videos: (if you watch Michiu Kaku on Youtube, that is the sort of video I would like) I've got camera, lighting, scripts & illustrations. Also, I need help in linking these videos to various drug-policy sites.
Nota please: that I think that drug illegality is a terrible policy, doesn't make me a drug-lover; if you are anything more than a recreational cannabis-user, please do not apply.
REVIVE FATHER. Senior was once considered a top European fiction writer but has been forgotten mainly because none of his mother countries (born Austro-Hungarian, nationalized French, and writing in Spanish) has chosen to adopt/promote him.
1. Two of his books (one, a blockbuster & bestseller in 10 languages) were turned into movies, a third movie was produced from his script, and a fourth (his first novel) was about to be turned filmed at his demise.
2. There's also what once must have been a theater play - a feminist text inspired by a friend (arguably the world's leading existentialist feminist) - that needs to be returned into script format from its present novella format (Marcel Marceau performed it as a mime).
3. "There is a collection of 22 short and mainly biographic short stories covering 1911 - 1955. To this, I have added 24 mainly biographic short stories of my own (1955 - 2019). I have also added a biographic/auto-biographic paragraph before every story so that I can call it "A Family Chronicle in the form of short stories, covering more than a century": a novel form of literature.
4. "Then there are two black humor books from just before World War II.
A) Translated his texts so that now 40 or so are available as "e" & "paper" on Amazon (mainly in English, Spanish, Swedish, French, German and Italian) and it is normally easy to find "new translations against commission".
B) Translated/re-translated all his texts into English while giving them the content-editing that 5 out of 7 of his books never received, improving & adapting (a lot) so that now his complete works have been published in English (and Spanish) on Amazon.
C) Adapted his bestseller into an illustrated children's book in 6 languages & created "The Family Chronicles".
D) Given talks on him at the local city hall & at a Film Festival.
A) Documentaries/videos (as well as initiating research) about my father's life, cine & books (he was pretty amazing).
B) To finance this, I need an expert to apply for grants from the EU or the French or Spanish governments.
C) Promotion through film festivals, or any other project you can think of.
D) Expertise in formatting, so that his books can be made as attractive as possible.
However, I only want your assistance as long as you enjoy the part of the project that you undertake to work with. Thus, before coming, you will have to read/watch the book(s), script(s), movie(s) or theater play that you want to work with.
Contact me and I will send you a link to my homepage, where everything is explained in great detail.
I am Swedish/French. I got lucky with my first book that, and thanks to that I have been able to educate myself properly and to do most of “all those things I figure(ed) a man should have done” for 20 years.
I have chosen to try to "do good” over “make money” - I.e.: I’ve forsaken Ferraris & supermodels in order to try to be of use (I know: a totally insane decision that I regret virtually every day) - and instead to tell the world that drug illegality is a is a bad idea, and that money is becoming a measure of what it oughtn't be allowed to become a measure of.
I speak a lot of languages, I like tigers, I’m educated, I need 13 more countries to get to 200 (I am cheating).
Actually, I am a rather unbelievable sort of person, so let’s wait with the rest of the details until we meet.
PS. Please do not contact me with a "To whom it may concern mail."
PSS. Please find something you want and can do, and come prepared to succeed; I don't want; "What shall I do now?"
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
THINGS TO LEARN HERE. Of course, there’s the opportunity to take Spanish lessons or to socialize with the locals, and I’ll speak with you in Spanish if you want. My own expertise is in drug policy and fiction writing: knowledge I'll be happy to share. There’s learning how to promote a publishing project from a pristine (aka underdeveloped/ long-neglected) platform, and of course there are a variety of courses to be taken in nearby Fuengirola (4k), Mijas (5k/12k trail/road), Benalmadena (8k), Torremolinos (14k), Marbella (26k) & Malaga (26k). If you have an interest in learning “Spanish stuff” such as the language, Flamenco, cooking, bullfighting, Latin dancing, wine-tasting, etc., this is a good place.
THINGS TO DO. There’s tanning and a rowing machine on the roof and a mini-bath (it’s more like a tub/ fountain and not working at the moment). There’s the beach with surf, swim, diving & fishing a mile away. 200 meters from the house starts various tracks for walkers and riders (bike/horse/MC). There’s skiing in the (200k) Sierra Nevada in the winter. There are plenty of golf courses (this coast is nicknamed “Costa del Golf”), and there’s an 18-hole high-standard Frisbee-course (DiscGolfPark Mijas) just a few hundred meters from the house. For the culturally-minded: Malaga is 40 minutes away with the train & Seville is a couple of hours (local train station is less than a mile away on the road to the beach). Africa/Tangier is only a couple of hours away (bus + ferry), and Gibraltar (English enclave in Spain) is little more than an hour. Madrid is a night bus/1h flight away and a return to the Canary Islands can often be had for about €60. “El Caminito del Rey” is only 40km away as the crow flies.
SKI. During the winter the surf is up (1.5k away) and there’s skiing (200k away) in Sierra Nevada. If I get a good response from skiers/surfers for November - April (4 people maximum accepted) I would like to make some arrangement to go there on a regular (or powder, rather) basis; nothing fancy, but maybe getting a van, some 2nd hand ski/snowboard-gear and look out for an apartment to rent. This would mean getting up there just before the road closes, drink incredible amounts of beer and play poker (spoiler alert: I nearly became a professional bridge player) until the storm abides, then climb-and-ski until the lifts open (beer & lift card not included).
Dieser Host bietet Unterkunft und Bezahlung.
It's all detailed above.
English, Spanish, French, Swedish & Danish
THE PLACE. I have a nice house in Torreblanca, near Los Boliches/Fuengirola/Mijas, Costa del Sol: it's really three self-contained apartments on three different levels, plus a nice roof terrace with a rowing machine with sea and mountain views. The house is a mile horizontally & 160m vertically from the sea: Shank's pony, bus or bike (that I provide some).
I live in the top apartment, and the ground apartment I have turned into a dorm (2 bunk beds). Between these there's a mid-apartment that I sometimes rent out through Airbnb, but this could be used for long-time Workawayers.
The upstairs is the working area.
There’ll be breakfast and a late (Spanish) dinner that we will take turns at preparing.
STUFF. The house has lots of stuff for common use: golf clubs, snorkeling gear, kayak, bikes, skis, body-boards, tennis stuff, beach-things, etc., and if your demands are not too unusual/expensive, I will be happy to get it (tell me well in advance): surfboards & Frisbee are already on the shopping list.
(i) As I live in this “Revive Senior house”, it is my intention to make it a good place for this purpose,
(ii) The Internet is super fast (at least for Spain) at 500MB!
(iii) There are televisions (and VPN) but no ordinary antenna/satellite,
(iv) There are kitchens & bathrooms/showers on every floor,
(v) Local train connects to Malaga airport, Malaga Center, Malaga station, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Torremolinos, etc.
(vi) There are 5 ACs in the house.
(vii) If you engage in book-selling, film-selling or grant-application, I will pay a minimum wage (but you will have to convince me that I will get my money back).
(i) It’s a 1 mile downhill walk if you chose not to bike/take the bus, and when I rented out the apartments some (esp. elderly) people found the return walk quite taxing: buses do not run after 21.30, they take a siesta break, and taxis are €7-10.
(ii) There are only two local restaurants/bars (within 300m) and no supermarket,
(iii) Once you get to the beach there are plenty of bars/ restaurants but in order to get to the best nightspots you have to take a right by the Mediterranean and then walk/bus/train 3k (and late at night you’ll have to walk/get a taxi back home),
(iv) Although we will sit up on the roof terrace, having BBQ & music, this will probably never become "a real partying place".
(v) I am new to this, so initially there will be some growing/learning pains on my part.
(vi) You must leave no food out during summer, or ants will invade.
(vii) Unless you are "wise beyond your years" I would like you to be at least 25.
(viii) I insist on you arriving with a plan/project, and not with a "tell-me-what-to-do-next" attitude
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
4 hours a day, 5 days a week