We are seeking two talented and enthusiastic string and woodwind players to volunteer in a new community Music School in Accra, Ghana.
Our Music School provides a comprehensive and rounded music education programme at an affordable cost for young people from the age of 6 to 18 years. The organisation was founded by three young music students with the aim of sharing their love of music by providing participatory music activities to those who might otherwise have very limited opportunities to access music education, giving them additional future career options.
Our school offers group and individual lessons on Saturday morning between 9.30am - 2pm and three week days at 4.30pm to 7pm. Instruments offered in group or individual tuition are: recorder and violin to start with, then as the students progress the flute, clarinet, trumpet, cornet, trombone, guitar, viola and cello will be introduced.
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Use your music knowledge and skill to empower young people and bring communities together.
We are seeking two talented and enthusiastic string and woodwind players to volunteer and help set up the Community Music School starting in May 2015.
The volunteer(s) will be responsible for the teaching children. We need creative people, who can teach through games and playing, who like to invent games, acting, etc.
Additional duties will include:
• Design/adapt the existing Music curriculum to meet the needs of current students
• Deliver Music lessons that facilitate active learning experiences for approximately 4 -10 students in groups.
• Develop and administer academic assessments
• Manage individual and group learning experiences
• Assist with after-school programs
• Support ongoing school and community programs as needed such creation of Youth Training Orchestra
• Ability to take initiative,
• Openness to the challenges involved in working for an evolving charity and social enterprise.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and at least 22 years old / grade 8 instrumental qualification
• Work experience in the fields of education and/or community development desirable
Minimum stay of at least 3 - 6 months
If you are afraid of bugs, don't like dogs and cats, need to have Internet 24/7, then PLEASE DO NOT COME :-)
Working hours: Saturday mornings 9.30am -2.30pm and 3 weekdays' afternoons 4.30 am to 7.30pm pm.
You will stay with a wonderful Ghanaian family -. Accommodations include a private room in a family home with electricity and running water. Food and drinks will be provided during your stay.
Whilst living in the capital city, you will also the have opportunity to explore history, music and culture of Ghana in a safe and supported way.
We will provide invitation letters for your visa. You will be met and picked up from the airport.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
25 hours max