Come to help us do farming on the "death land" in Cu Chi Tunnel, right at the outskirt of Saigon with real local people.
Living in HCMC or Saigon and working for a large IT company but I do love working in the farm with my mom and family that urges me to come back to the countryside on weekends. All my friends also loving coming along with me but their passion is just FOOD. No doubt they love all the food made by my mom and sisters with all the stuffs we pick up in the garden. At the moment I have guests (friends of my friends and friends.....) to come almost every weekend to enjoy the food and the sightseeing in the countryside and working in the farm. Furthermore, I would need people stay longer to help us to make the farm more fruitful and the isolated farm and village to be our lovely home to escape the noisy in the city
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
- You will have a chance to meet and live together with people who were digging, living and surviving in Cu Chi Tunnels (please google it out about the tunnels)
- You will have a chance to explore the Kenh Dong, the largest irrigation system built by hand in northwest of Cu Chi, HCMC
- You will know well about local living style that you could not find in any other tourist hub in the country
- You can learn more from people in the village
- You will have a chance to try the local food all home made
- You will also have a chance to learn how to cook food in traditional way
- Free bicycle or motorbike during your stay at the farm
- Beautiful sunset on the rice field everyday
I was born in a small village close to Cu Chi Tunnel where I go back to visit mom and dad on weekend. Mom loves gardening and she has a farm with full of pomelo, banana, papaya, coconut and other seasonal fruits and vegetable. It was known as the "death land" during the war and we still need to do a lot of things to make the land more green and fruitful and life more joyful. The project that we are working on and need your help is watering the pomelo trees and working in the pomelo farm and planting more flowers/herbs in the farm. Building a cottage house is also another project on planning and we would need your help soon.
Please find the requirements in details as below:
- Are passionate about agriculture and handy work
- Love the quiet and peace in the countryside
- Can stand the heat around 35oC - 40oC under the shade during lunch time without AC
- Know how to deal with water-pipe to set up a watering system to get water from the canal and well
- Know how dig the soil and remove the wild grass in the garden
- Have good teamwork and good communication skill
- Love vegetarian and healthy food and know how to cook
- Know how to tidy up the house in a good order
- Love to plant flower and tree and vegetable in the garden
We have a fully furnished farmhouse with a spare room for your (double room). Moreover, you can sleep on the hammock or set up the tent in the yard ( I have 2 tents at home). The kitchen is shared with all kinds of fruit, food and vegetable we have in the garden. Free tea and coffee for sure and you have to make coffee by the filter by yourself. My mom have many different kinds of herbal tea that she would be please to serve you everyday.
There are buses to go there and it's about 30km to Cu Chi Town or 60km to Saigon
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: