*** For AUGUST in Brihuega, a VILLAGE in Guadalajara *** :)
We are a family of 4 (a mum with three children aged 13, 11, and 9). We will be in Madrid city in July and in Brihuega town (Guadalajara) in August.
You will be living in a separate house with your kitchen, bathroom, and patio near our home in both places. There is room for more than one person, so families and groups of friends are also welcome.
Through the academic course, my children study English at the school. However, they are not fluent. It happens the same to me: sometimes I work with clients in English, but I'm not fluent neither.
We are looking for an English spoken new friend/s (or family) who would be willing to join us on our holidays in July in Madrid (probably just me while my children are with their father) and August in Brihuega (helping my children and me).
We expect you to speak a lot, play with the children, go with them to the public swimming pool, help with chores, do some maintenance, etc. I mean, talk with us in English while participating in our holiday routine for 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Some indications you need to agree before writing us:
* There will be fewer Covid restrictions this summer in Spain. However, unfortunately, we had some deaths in our family during this pandemic, and we are not vaccinated yet. We expect you to be very cautious in your social life while staying with us (mask-wearing inside, eating outside, hand washing, etc.)
* I'm a recent ex-smoker, and I occasionally drink some beer or wine. I prefer you not to smoke in front of me if you are a smoker (I'm having a hard time quitting), and while I don't have any problem sharing a glass of wine or beer with you, I don't like any drunk people around me or my kids. Obviously, other drugs are not permitted.
* I don't enjoy cooking, but I do my best to prepare healthy meals while my kids are home. We eat meat and pork regularly. If you have any food restrictions I'll try to adjust the menu, but my resources are limited in this field, don't expect anything fancy... your help in the kitchen will be greatly appreciated, and you'll never find a more grateful diner than me :)
* I know you are a good caring person... but I don't want any adult staying alone with any of my children in their bedrooms or bathroom or anywhere too private. Any game with them involving secrets or touching their or your body is also forbidden. They know already what behavior is healthy and what is harmful. They will inform me if anything wrong happens, and I will tell the police immediately.
* If you have any eating or psychical disorder, please seek and receive help before writing us, don't apply unless you are back to health.
* I expect you to take care of your personal space and let things neat behind you when departing, ready for receiving the next helper.
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
You'll get to know how life is in cities and towns. Madrid in summer is a very welcoming city with vibrant cultural life, and Brihuega in August is a beautiful town where you can get to enjoy nature and some unique festivities.
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
We hope you will spend some hours a day helping us increase our speaking skills in English. It can be just sharing time in daily activities or through more direct conversational role-playing.
There will be some home chores and easy maintenance to do.
Englisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
We need to practice English some hours a day, but if you want to learn or improve your Spanish, we can reserve some time to flip language :)
In July, we'll be in Fuencarral, a quiet neighborhood in Madrid, just 20 minutes by metro from the city center. You'll live in an apartment near my house. With a bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, and a private patio with an enormous, beautiful rosebush. There are also three bicycles you can use.
In August, we'll be in Brihuega, a rural village close to Guadalajara. We live near the town center. You will also live in your own house near ours. It is an old one, so probably you should do some cleaning and maintenance work there.
In Madrid, in July there are plenty of things to do and tourist places to visit.
In Brihuega, in August, there are beautiful natural paths to walk and typical festivities from 7 to 22 august, including bullfighting, orchestra, religious processions, etc.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
I work from home on the internet since 2006, so I'll be glad to share my work table with you. The wifi is fast and reliable.
We have a very independent cat, and your pet should coexist with her. We like animals, and well-behaved pets are welcome. By well-behaved, I mean: dogs that will not bark while alone, that don't bite people, don't bite the cat, don't chew valuable things, and that do their stuff outside the house. I also expect you to maintain the animal space clean. My little daughter has a mites allergy, and animal hair and dust are awful for her asthma.
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week