-- Pls check availability before sending MSG, Thanks - -
We are a family farm located in South part of China, Taishan, Guangdong . The city is quite near Hong Kong, Macau, Guangzhou (also known as Canton).
Our farm mainly plant Chinese Yam (also called cinnamon-vine). Besides, we have different seasonal vegetables. The climate here in the south part is quite nice and suitable for many vegetables to grow throughout the year.
Our farm is quite new. There are lots of jobs pending and we invite you to join us. To eat in a healthy way, to build a social community, to understand different cultures, to try different cuisine... What do we eat are from what did we plant.
We also have 3 dogs and some chickens at the moment. We hope you are a person who love animals. We are in a peace village, small town. If you don't mind peace village and countryside, any help or suggestion is welcomed.
To be honest, as a new farm farming in traditional ways. We don't think a lot can be learned about farming. We need young people and share new skills. And we can exchange some languages or cultures or other skills.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ About the surrounding
This is not a famous /heat sightseeing city. However, there are some places can go after work or dayoff :
1. There is a funiture musuem only 800m away from our farm
2. Tai Cheng, Capital of Taishan, 20km away, public bus is convinient.
3. There is serval beaches in our city, eg. Hei Sha Wan黑沙湾
4. There is also a island for vacation name shangxia Chuan (上川岛 & 下川岛）
5. The famous & nearest World Heritage "Diao Lou"( 碉楼) . Those are traditional Chinese buildings, like the clock tower. You could Google “Kaiping Diaolou” (开平碉楼) to check it out. In your day off you could visit those places.
6. chiKan Old town （赤坎古镇）is an old town right now using for filming or movie factory
7. There is 2 farmer/green market (Bazza) near us, It is also a kind of local bazaar to visit and an opportunity to experience the local life.
Most of the vegetables are from our garden. We are not vegetarian, we can accept meat and we eat meat. We offer foods on working days.
The farm is equipped with WiFi in the main house. However we would highly recommend buying a SIM card while travelling in China. It makes things much easier, you will benefit from it during your journey, for buying tickets or online shopping or making payments.
- We work from early morning at 7am.
- We would suggest you to bring clothes that can get dirty and a towel for the shower. You'll need a hat and gloves to working in the field.
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
Observe and learn from nature
*️️️️. Prepare compose
*️️️️. Watering the plants
*️️️️. Clean and remove weeds
*️️️️. Open field & soil to plant vegetables.
*️️️️. Start and maintain vegetable gardens
*️️️️. Feed the soil in different compose
*️️️️. Cutting wood
*️️️️. Animal care
*️️️️. Remove weeds from vegetables
*️️️️. Clean the house and other chores
*️️️️. Online maintenance
*️️️️. Re-design & Renovating house.
*️️️️. Bamboo /wood work(skills required)
English,Mandarin, Cantonese,Taishan dialect, little bit Spanish
We have various options for accommodations, it depends on your preferences or the timing of your arrival. If there are several volunteers at the same time, rooms will be shared with each other.
You could come by bus or by train from Guangzhou, Hongkong, Macau or other cities. Normally Guangzhou is a transit city for us:
1. If you arrive in Guangzhou Airport, please check shuttle bus to " Taishan" （台山）. There are buses to our city directly. The ticket price is around CNY88 + CNY4 insurance. It takes 3 hours.
2. Same for buses and trains stations, please buy tickets to "Taishan" （台山）in Guangdong province. It takes 40 minutes by train & 2 hours by bus from Guangzhou. Both Ticket prices are CNY65.
3. If you are coming from HK, you could take a cross-border bus direct to Taicheng (capital city in Taishan) . This trip costs roughly HK$130 and takes 3 hours. You will have to get off the bus to cross into Shenzhen (with your backpack) and then get back on. Buses are available at the Airport and in Mongkok.For train, you might go to west Kowloon Station buy tickets to Guangzhou and transit from Guangzhou
4. If you are coming from Macau, normally for travelers, you have to transit from Zhuhai （珠海） to Taishan （台山）
Once arrived in Taishan train station, you may need to take public bus 802 or 806 (Ticket price CNY2 ) to bus terminal. If you arrive at bus terminal, you could take public bus 811 (Ticket price CNY5 ) to Chao Bei Cun.
Train station - Chao Bei Cun: CNY40
Bus Station - Chao Bei Cun : CNY60
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week