Bisher 324 mal gespeichert
Autumn has arrived here in the hills of Andalusia, but we still enjoy bright, sunny days (around 20 degrees) and cooler nights (down to 10 degrees), a welcome change from the heat of the long hot Spanish summer!
Of course, we will also expect some rain ahead of the Olive harvest, which will start in November.
There are just two weeks remaining in 2019 when help is required - the last week of October and the first week of November (only), so if you meet the criteria detailed in our profile and would like to experience a week, or possibly two, in a peaceful, rural environment, then I would be pleased to hear from you.
- My wife and I 'retired' to Spain 5 years ago and bought a neglected Farmhouse and around 7,000m2 of land, in the hills of Andalusia.
- All the professional renovation work on the house is now complete and we are in the process of finalising a few internal/external tasks over the coming months, in preparation for the next phase of our plan, which is to offer 'Yoga-centric breaks for those seeking a tranquil environment, with great indoor/outdoor Yoga facilities.
- We live here with our 'rescue friends', a Jack Russell X and 2 cats, so any volunteers will need to be animal friendly and not have pet allergies, as sofas will need to be shared!
- Are you friendly, enthusiastic, responsible, with common sense and a positive 'can do' attitude?
- This is strictly a non-smoking and drug-free environment - with no exceptions - neither do we accept volunteers with pets or children.
- There is a decent and reliable, Internet connection available.
If you have any questions, please ask!
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
An excellent opportunity to visit a beautiful and unspoilt area of Spain, rich in history and with numerous places of interest nearby.
Located at 1,000 metres above sea level, there are long distance views and clean air, with low levels of traffic, Moorish Castles, Roman remains, friendly locals, authentic Spanish living, local Bars serving tapas free with your drink (not coffee/water!) and a generally relaxed way of living.
You may want to improve your Spanish or acquire your first few phrases to take back home along with many positive memories of stunning scenery and a way of life which has not essentially changed over time!
NB: Availability for the last week of October and the first week of November.
- I am looking for fit, healthy, responsible, NON-SMOKING volunteers who are willing to undertake a variety of tasks, which will be mainly external.
All volunteers should be reasonably fluent in English.
General landscaping work will involve digging, weeding, planting - using a fork, spade and wheelbarrow - so hands will get dirty! :-)
It's been a good year for Almonds, so there are several trees which need to be harvested as well!
Additional tasks will include some wall painting, light housework and regular food preparation (I am not a chef!).
(My wife will not be home during these two weeks, so if you enjoy - and are reasonably proficient- cooking interesting, healthy meals, then I would particularly welcome you!).
I would also expect you to assist generally in the kitchen - dishwasher unloading/keeping the communal areas clean and tidy - as well as your bedroom/bathroom.
- No particular skills are required for these tasks, but a positive attitude and willingness to carry out simple tasks with a decent level of diligence and good-natured enthusiasm, is assumed.
- Please ensure that your Workaway Profile provides ALL the essential information about you (and anyone you are traveling with), and that there is at least ONE very recent photo of you! (to assist with identification upon collection).
- I look forward to hearing from you and am happy to answer any specific questions that you might have or provide additional information if required.
English, basic Spanish.....
- The house is a detached Farmhouse (Cortijo) with almost 7,000 m2 of land, with around 50 Olive and Almond trees and far reaching views.
- Ideally, I am looking for couples or two friends traveling together, although individuals are welcome, if they are prepared to share with another volunteer of the same gender.
- Volunteers will be accommodated in one of the downstairs (en-suite) bedrooms.
- The house is several miles from the nearest town of any real size (20,000+ pop) and public transport is non-existent, but I would be willing to provide lifts into the nearby towns a couple of times a week, for sight-seeing in a genuine Spanish environment.
- This would definitely not suit 'party animals' who are looking for crowds and noise, although there is a local bar about 10 minutes walk away, which also serves food - and where some basic Spanish will be required!
- So if you appreciate clean mountain air and the tranquility of being in a rural environment, I'd love to hear from you!
- There are excellent opportunities to walk through surrounding Olive groves and wonderful distant views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Subbetica National Park.
- A lack of 'light pollution' means that star gazing is a wonderful thing to do!
- I can collect you from the Bus Station in Alcala la Real, which is about 20 minutes from our house and an hour from Granada.
The property is about an hour from Granada, an hour and a half from Cordoba and Malaga is just under 2 hours distant.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 hours x 5 days per week per person
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: