This guesthouse was formerly a convent of Benedictine monks that was always open to pilgrims passing through. In 1998, our family opened the guesthouse again to travellers with the same notion of hospitality as the monks centuries ago. We wanted our guesthouse to be unique in terms of setting and location, a place you would want to return to and somewhere to relax from city life.
We have a live in owner and a business partner who lives off site. We have a full time manager.
You are very welcome to join us!!
Francesco, Tatiana and Phil is our manager 2018
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We have a guesthouse/hostel that is filled with world travelers.
We seek volunteers to work with the manager in the daily operations of the guesthouse/hostel. We are a small team that will work closely making sure the hostel is run effectively for the maximum of 40 guests that the hostel can hold.
Different type of help includes;
- Reception work (checking guests in/out, replying to emails, taking bookings)
- Cleaning of guesthouse/hostel areas inside and out and preparing beds for new guests
- Driving of guests to vineyards and other activity locations
The work load is not stressful and you will become part of the family.
We ask that you are able to stay a minimum of a month but if you can stay longer than a month, then that would be fantastic.
Requirements we prefer for the job;
- International or European drivers license (must be able to drive manual/stick shift)
- Speak Italian (not a strict requirement)
- have experience in a guesthouse/hostel and booking system (however we can teach you the basic system if no experience)
- Must be able to speak English
You will have the chance to travel to Siena, Pisa, Florence and San Gimignano since we are very close to these places. We also have a pool for those hot Italian days. We can assure you, that you will have fun with us!!!
Live in the center of Tuscany and get completely involved in Italian culture and meet many people from around the world and learn about their cultures.
For guesthouse volunteers, all this is done while also learning how an operation of a guesthouse/hostel is run.
italian english french spanish russian
You will have a room (linen and towel as well) provided with a shared kitchen and bathroom
- You will have easy access by train to Florence , Siena and Pisa (we are 20 minutes by walk from train station)
- Easy access to whole southern Tuscany region
- Free use of bicycles
- Free involvement of any activities we organise, ie, cooking classes and wine tastings based upon availability.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours per day (max 25hours/week)
My Photo Album