We are a community based Youth organization found in Eastern Uganda, east Africa and We aim at scaling up programs and projects for service delivery to individuals, households and communities to address and alleviate suffering with in livelihoods.
As a community based organization, we are currently implementing social activities and the organization is majorly concerned with supporting women, youths and children in the community at large striving for a community of empowered people living with respect and dignity by improving their livelihoods while promoting self reliance through education support, reproductive health services, water and sanitation, environmental protection, advocating for the rights of orphans and vulnerable children,food security, gender equality and networking.
Who can Volunteer?
Any one can volunteer through our volunteer program to work with the youths, women, children and the community members at large. we would prefer volunteers or any one, vital people of all ages who have a desire to work in the mentioned fields through the following activities:-
1. HIV/AIDS initiatives.
- Behavioral interventions seek to reduce the risk of HIV transmission by addressing risky behaviors such as information provision (such as sex education), counseling and other forms of psycho-social support and safe infant feeding guidelines, stigma and discrimination reduction programs.
- Sensitization on Prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and organizes community outreach programs to sensitize the population about HIV/AIDS. The community mobilization involve sports competition between the different groups of young people and adults to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS in the community.
-Education and training on safe sex methods like use of condoms, abstaining, being faithful which is the method.
Meetings are held meet up with people in the village to educate them on the dangers of HIV/AIDS and how we can prevent it as well putting an end to stigmatization of HIV persons.
2. The family planning program
- Information to help the people in the village understand their sexual and reproductive health that is village-focused and medically accurate.
-campaigns and sensitization and services for family planning.
3. Support and care to children especially the orphans.
Volunteers can offer their time to support and care for the orphans, the vulnerable and disadvantages children in the villages.
4. Income generating activities like tailoring which many ladies have become interested in and involved.help to develop plans for making different projects for income activities is also welcome.
5. The school.
-Teaching in the school and helping with building the school Hills of Hope since the school is not yet build completely
Type op help
We welcome any one interested in volunteering with our Organization to make a difference to many lives. Change starts with us.
Best Regards hope to have you here with us
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
-Learning a language has endless benefits, it opens up a number of doors, allows you to connect with people around the world which leads to this interesting and useful fact.
-Adventures, Without all those crazy and wild traveling stories, what would life be without those moments you can look back at and laugh, Having the opportunity to pack up and just leave, not thinking twice and traveling is by far one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences a person can encounter.
-Learning Through Experience, This is by far one of the greatest advantages of a cultural exchange, whether it be in a positive or negative context it is all a learning curve that you grow from, become wiser and learn how to face and approach uncontrollable life situations that are unexpectedly thrown towards you.
-One of the main benefits and advantages of a cultural exchange is making friends overseas that last a lifetime. It’s amazing how much you can learn from someone you just met and connect with someone on such a deep level.
HIV/AIDS awareness, Malaria awareness, community sensitization, family planning activities and training, teaching.
English, Swahili, Luganda,lugishu
1. Accomodation is based in a rural area - here the volunteers can live in the village with the community members.
2. We have a person who cooks for the volunteer/our visitors food.Volunteers have to pay for their own food . Restaurants, super markets are available in Mbale town which is 16 km away and can be reached by public transportation.
3. We also have electricity now in the housing area and Incase electricity is off there is stand by solar for use.
4. There is a person who does Laundry.
we accommodate more than 3 to 5 volunteer.
we are sure you will have a great memorable stay.
The volunteers can go on the safaris to visit national games parks to see a variety of animals like Queen Elizabeth national game park, mount elgon national game park and others, they can also visit the source of the Nile in Jinja, Murchison falls, sipi falls, the equator, the Zoo and others.
Volunteers can also go to the local markets to buy what they need and like for example craft stuff like shoes, bags.
They can also go to hiki mount elgon,wanale hill in mbale and Tororo Rock .
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 15 hours a week - no food
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteer‘s stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.