Sustainable Eco friendly ( we are still improving) started in July 2013 by the side of a small fishing village in the north western part of Sri Lanka – right next to the main lagoon of Kalpitiya.
We aim to provide all water sport lovers and nature enthusiasts with a place to feel like home with a minimum footprint on our surroundings. We want the locals to understand the importance of sustainability.
- And you can help us in coaching and grooming the locals, provided you are a out of the box thinker and pro active character.
Our motto is, sustainability can only be achieved, if we are able to coach the locals with the needed skills to help themselves. This is not an easy task, what you take for granted (back home) is far not understood by locals in the area. And this is where we need you positive impulse to help us groom our local team.
Few important points that you need to understand before venturing in to Kalpitiya:
The project sponsors are not on site and one of the main concerns of the project is empowering locals.
We have 8 to 10 fixed members working in different areas within the project. This means we don't have a deficit in man power. But we do have space for improvement in "efficiency". This means you need to be able to provide a hand in any of the areas within the project. In case you don't wish to get your hands dirty, then we recommend you not to take the challenge with us.
With your input we hope to give the team the needed positive impulse and to coach them and guide them to improve their efficiency. You need to set an example to the local team.
It is important that you find balance in GIVE and TAKE, the balance should always be kept.
The sponsors of the project invest a lot of time / energy and resources which are right now not honored with financial kickbacks. It is a lot about giving and uplifting a small team of locals to take responsibility for themselves. The team will look up to you to be an example and a role model. If this is not what you are looking for, then we would appreciate to know this in advance. We recommend you not engage in a working relationship with the project.
A good command of English is very much appreciated.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
- You will get a chance to experience local fishing communities go about their day to day life.
- Have access to communities away from main land of Sri Lanka, where normal travelers don't get to visit them.
- If you are a student of Yoga teaching, English teaching or therapists, you will get the chance to practice your teaching techniques.
Very Important :
a) In case you are looking for a place full of parties, this is not the place for you.
b) You need to have patients, you need to be able to coach and guide others, the team is very young, and they can get distracted very easily, and therefore you need to have a certain amount of self discipline and maturity to be able to work with a young team of Sri-Lankans
If you are a traveler wanting to gather experience and you have one of the following competences, then you can plan to spend a minimum of 3 to 6 Weeks with us. We will provide you food and accommodation ( typical local accommodation, same as our team ).
- Yoga teachers or students wanting to practice , gather teaching experience.
- helping the local team to improve their efficiency (we have 8 to 10 locals working full time)
- Massage Therapists who are looking for practical experience
- Nourishment experts / balanced eating
- Cooking expert wanting to learn new cuisines and share one's own knowledge
- Farming and gardening experts, compost / recycling
- English teachers or students who wants to gather practical experience in teaching
- Guest relations , event planners
- Anyone who wants to do charity work in our local schools
- Carpenters / Electricians
- Copy writeres / German, English , Spanish or French - pls send reference work
- Online marketing experts with own blogs and social media accounts - pls send reference
- You are good at guest relations and love to entertain people, you can coach the team in these skills
- People who believe in giving to a local team, motivating them.
At the moment we have few interesting topics such as:
- Rocket Stove
- Producing Coconut Oil in the traditional method ( we will show you how to do it )
- Designing our garden / landscape work
- Improving our Solar installation
- Design a watering system to / increase efficiency of watering
- Improve our SPA cabana
- Develop info boards ( you should be good at drawings)
Our last volunteers completed a Pizza oven, in case you are a great pizza maker, then let us know, maybe you can spend few weeks with us coaching the locals on how to make pizzas.
English , German and Sinhala
- Sri Lanka typical simple but clean Wooden Cabana in shared option ( up to two persons )
- With a private shower and shared WC
- Free meals ( three meals, typical Sri Lankan food)
- In case you are a water sport fan, then you can learn kite surfing with our kite-school on special discount rates ( during the kite season months )
=> The above will only apply if you are staying with a minimum of 6 weeks. Once you complete 3 weeks with us, we will offer you discounted rate. Please make a note of this to avoid any misunderstandings.
- You can take public transport to discover close by sightseeing, Ancient places in Sri lanka. Or Wilpattu national Park or even travel down south to discover a beach for wave riding.
- Discover Kandy / Sigiriya / Dambulla during a weekend.
- Join our boat trips on a discount price and enjoy islands away from tourists.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: