Ours is a not-for-profit 4.4-Acre farm situated in the scenery town of Dulan on the east coast of Taiwan. We grows various vegetables, beans and peanut using natural farming. If you are looking for a different farming experience, this will be it! We are willing to share our know-how to whoever is interested.
Growing vegetable and bean are not all of our plan. We intend to develop our farm into a small food forest where school kids and adults could learn the amazing nature and become to cherish the earth we live.
Adding to the development of the food forest, we are also endeavored to develop Dulan village into an eco-, senior-friendly community.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Dulan is a beautiful small town with strong aboriginal culture (80% of the residents are aborigines). It's quiet in the weekdays and vigorous in the weekends and holidays. Dulan is a favorite for many foreign and local tourists. You can find temp workers and artists gathering here from more than 15 countries. While learning and practicing natural farming knowledge and skills, you’ll have insight understanding about various different culture.
If you are interested in natural farming, food forest, and community building, you can choose from the followings to help us.
- Gardening help
- Feeding animals, i.e., goats and chickens
- Promoting environment-friendly farming
- Building sense of community through farming and learning activities
- General maintenance
You'll help 5 hours a day, 4.5 hours of work plus 30 minutes to close up the daily work, 5 days a week. Minimum stay is one month.
Mandarin, Taiwanese, English, Japanese
We provide clean and safe accommodation. Basic appliances provided, including hot bath and Wi-Fi access. There is a kitchen, three dorm rooms and two bathrooms. We offer 3 meals a day/ingredients for cooking every day. One room will have 1-2 volunteers.
The town is 20 minutes’ drive from the city of Taitung, and 30-40 minutes from the train station and the airport. You'll have lots of time for relaxing and sightseeing via (rental) bicycles, (rental) motorcycles, and bus. Many scenery places are within working distance. Dulan area is a good place for surfing if you know how. From time to time, hosts will drive you to the city or scenery areas.
- Please bring personal toiletries, sleeping bag, oversleeves, hat, and long-sleeve T-shirt/pants. Wellington boots are also suggested (We have several spared wellington boots but not sure if you can find the right size for you.).
- Please bring personal medicine if needed, including mosquito repellent and sun block lotion.
- Please check and ensure that your insurance policies cover medical costs.
- In order to maintain a clean, quiet place for everyone after and during farming activities, please, no tobacco and alcohol in the dorm rooms and farm. No drug always.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week