Hey there. We live in a lonely big house in the hills of Switzerland ;) We're three people, two adults and a baby. We want to build up a community here, as there is a lot of space in and around the house. So we like to share the things, practice a collaborative way of life.
Our house was till 2007 a small school for about 20 children of some farms in the surrounding area.
We transformed it to a pleasant community house with some comfort.
The house is 5 minutes (by car) from the village. It's surrounded by nature (trees, meadows, rivers, cows...), so it's a good place for hiking and just 'to be' without noise, cars or other 'stuff'.
I, Sera, personally like playing games, playing music (piano, guitar), cooking, hiking, being with my young son...
I live an alternative life, try to use my heart not just only the mind. I'm connected to nature, humans, spirituality and consciousness.
Theodor is a true all-rounder with experience in many areas of craft and work. He likes community building and looks forward to people with spirit, heart and yearning beyond civilization for true magic and transition - people who are self empowered and are able to initiate rather than to wait for orders.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
You can learn about the rural life in Switzerland. You could learn the language, I can also teach some (juggling) games and some music. I can give you advise about hiking in the area. In winter you can go skiing. There are some rivers where you can take a bath - or you use our sauna in winter ;)
We're open to receive workawayer's with children.
- Gardening: We have two large raised beds, where we want to plant vegetables and herbs; prepare greenhouse, prepare compost, possibly digging a little pond. We like permaculture
- help on the ground: put plates on terrace, build a pool and a hot pot, change sand in playground, build up 2 more raised beds…
- General maintenance: wood works, renovation work, special projects like: clay oven, hot pot, mount solar panels…
- help with computers, integration of mobile-apps, music download, internet: our webpage needs an update...
- cooking / shopping / cleaning: we like to share the necessary works in the house, there are many windows to clean
- Art project: We are really interested in making the place nicer, fancier, inspiring ;-)
- Community: We want to grow :) If you're Swiss / German you could help make some advertisement. We also are clearing the house. There are a lot of things we want to sell (maybe flea market) or give away.
- Festival: We plan a one week creative festival in September. Music, painting, cooking, relaxing, workshops... - maybe you can support us in advance...?
We are looking especially for workawayers (maybe two people) who are not to 'shy' to clean all the windows including the window-frames. This is a big and more or less monotone work. You could do it in your own rhythm and in your free time use all the benefits here (sauna, exploring the area, use our E-Bikes...).
What are your skills? We are open to receive what you feel like to give. We like if people work in an independent and creative way, and we don't like to 'control' everything you do...
german, swiss german, english, french, spanish
You'll live in a private room with a normal bed and have your private space.
You'll use the community parts of the house: big kitchen, small kitchen, a big multipurpose room (piano, party, relaxing, workshops, playground, workout, boxing …), sauna, small fitness, small library, sports ground…
We like to cook and eat together, but it's ok if you have other needs.
We also like to share the work that accrues during the day, like cooking, cleaning...
The next village is 5km, you can take our E-Bikes, walk (1 hour) or maybe use the car / get a ride.
The place is good for hiking and enjoying the nature.
In Langnau (30min by car) you'll find some nice (coffee) shops
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week