We live on a unique coastal property of 22 acres within easy reach of the untouched beaches of the mid-north coast. We are situated 30km north of Coffs Harbour and are bordered by 500acres of land that adjoins National Park.
Our primary goal is to manage our property through conservation, reforestation, and habitat restoration to make it a sanctuary for native wildlife, and this requires continuous work. We are also renovating our home.
We need people who are capable of light manual labour, and are fit and energetic. It's almost always outdoor work with John, but it's not hard. It's important, however, that you can work quickly and be meticulous at the same time.
We have a strict no-smoking policy and do not cater to vegetarians or special diets.
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
What we expect you to offer in the exchange:-
- an honest effort during work, whilst having fun with John as you get the jobs done
- to be very conscious of conserving resources such as water, gas, and electricity (short showers!!)
- help with the kitchen clean-up whenever we eat together (though this will be minimal because our family is like a well-oiled machine)
- provide any snacks & drinks that you may need beyond what we offer
- respect for our family (please no swearing) and our property (please don't sit on our furniture in your work clothes)
- help in any way above and beyond is always appreciated.
What we offer in the exchange:-
- your own bedroom within our home and a shared bathroom
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- free laundry facilities and free unlimited wi-fi
- an invitation to join in our sporting life, or we will drop you nearby to enjoy our area.
In the past, we have enjoyed offering extra privileges to those helpers who have shown us by their actions that they are grateful to be sharing our home & our lives; such as trips to the beach, the waterfall, or quad biking. HOWEVER, most of our afternoons and weekends are now taken up with soccer (football) & cricket. You are welcome to watch, or we can drop you to do some of the most beautiful beach walks in the country, or you can go for a bike ride, or just relax at home.
We usually have a great time with our helpers, and have kept in touch with most of them. Be sure to check our photo bucket to see what we've been up to with past helpers.
BEFORE CONTACTING US please make sure that your profile is up-to-date and has at least one photograph of yourself.
IN YOUR INITIAL APPLICATION EMAIL please:
- use the word "frogs" so that we can be sure you've read and understood our profile,
- tell us what dates you are hoping to come here,
- let us know what skills or experiences you have to offer in the exchange. Any skills are useful and welcome. We value anyone's efforts when they are genuine.
It's busy here; but it's happy and peaceful. You will find us to be fair and honest hosts, and we are happy to welcome all who are the same.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
4-5hrs per day (max 25 hours/week)