ENGLISH | SPANISH SPEAKING
*️️We prefer Spanish speakers so we can practice our Spanish - other wise we do need builders to help build some stuff*️️
We are a young healthy-living family in an organic solar Eco village in spectacular Northern Rivers region of New South Wales. We have 2 acres and need some help with gardening, and doing odd jobs. You will stay in a large self-contained caravan / gypsy wagon with own kitchen and fantastic views. We have bathroom facilities which are outside and include a composting toilet.
Our community has a complete ban on toxic chemicals and we reuse all our water so please bring biodegradable/Eco-friendly soaps, shampoos, etc. We are strongly allergic to most man-made fragrances so please refrain from deodorant unless it is completely natural such as tea tree or eucalyptus sprays, if in doubt we can go to the apothecary in Nimbin and the naturopath will sort it out for a low cost :)
We provide plant-based diet fare, which is not strictly vegan but mostly using vegan recipes and I can assure is very delicious! More help in our organic home grown food garden would be much appreciated. Families are very welcome!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
I also can speak Spanish with you or teach you how to do web design, spinning and weaving alpaca yarn, knitting or crochet and I am an English teacher and artist.
The projects we are currently working in are:
-building deck for caravan
-install floating floor boards
-mosaic bathtub outdoor
-sculpture for garden
-extracting essential oils
-making cider from scratch
-fixing up vege patch
-fixing up chicken coop
-removing weeds and re-seeding goats paddock
I am looking for helpers with a background in hospitality, childcare, diversified organic and small-scale permaculture farming, carpentry or electrics, alternative building methods and techniques. Please contact me if you have , or would like to learn any of the following skills:
• Permaculture, farming and edible forest gardening, regenerative ecology
• Radical simplicity, minimalism, and a commitment to low-impact, sustainable living
• Resource conservation, self-subsistent homesteading, and land stewardship
• Cooking, fitness, and nutrition, yoga and meditation
• Environmental and social justice activism
• Literature, art, music, film, & vibrant, thriving culture
• Childcare, cleaning & housekeeping
• Cooking meals from scratch, with knowledge of and proven skill preparing dishes for specialized diets, including raw, vegan/ vegetarian.
• Food preservation and lacto-fermentation (yogurt, kefir, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, pickling)
• Permaculture and organic market gardening & farming; including no-till cultivation and maintenance of annual and perennial zones, e.g., indoor and direct seeding, composting and soil building, greenhouse production, transplanting, weeding, watering, sheet mulching, trellising, pest management, pruning and orchardwork, harvesting and processing produce, season extension, seed saving, record keeping and farm planning, community outreach, marketing and sales
• Natural building and light carpentry, often utilizing sustainable or reclaimed materials
self-contained caravan/gypsy wagon
This place is very beautiful and peaceful and we can hear the rainforest birds and frogs, there are no dogs or cats allowed on this community so you wont hear dogs barking! There is a community cafe and it's open on Saturday mornings.
We need help to put up fences, and plant trees, as well as pulling up weeds and small building projects. Our nearest city is Lismore and we go there at least once per week. You may have heard of Nimbin, it is a touristic town, not far from here. Famous Byron bay beach Is one hour away by car.
You stay minimum 2 weeks maximum 3 months. I have a caravan. You work 4 hours per day every day except Sunday and Monday. On Monday we will go into the city of Lismore and you can do your internet, shopping, or anything you need to do in town. We eat meals together.
We are on the door step of ancient forests and waterfalls to explore and go hiking during your time off. We are completely off-grid so have solar power and rainwater tanks so you need to be water conscious.
There is food growing in the garden and we would like to put some more gardens in plus fix the ones that are overgrown. If you are alternative, into permaculture, know about earthships or living of grid, sustainable living or/and homesteading then you will really like it here.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week