We have just made our dream a reality! A splendid old villa that is ready to welcome travelers. Now you can help us get to the next level! So, come over. If you fit this label - smart, with an artistic bent, inspiring, independent and driven - don't wait any longer. Pack your bags right away and head to the beautiful Goan coast now! We are waiting for you.
Helping with Tourists
We would initially need help in the following areas ...
- Making the house/surrounding area ready. Will involve some cleanup, a bit of mechanical/construction/cleanup work.
- The green area around us is fabulous. We want to make it even better, with flower/fruit/vegetable/spice gardens, as well as cool chill-out areas.
- Hostel administration and handling of check-ins. If you have prior experience please tell us, since that would be a plus.
- Your additional inputs will be very welcome too. So we may do things you suggest, with a big Thank You.
We have 3 shifts - morning shift (from 8 AM - 1 PM), afternoon shift (from 1 PM - 6 PM) and evening shift from 6 PM till midnight.
You can't choose shifts. We make weekly schedule for volunteers depending of amount of work. Of course, if you need certain day off, we can arrange schedule by your needs. :)
We don't take couple, friends, travelling partners, family members as volunteers for our hostel.
We get a lot messages, so try to stand out! :)
1. Write us a short motivational letter on why you would be the perfect volunteer for our hostel
2. It is Goa. But if you are on shift.. please be aware that we 'd like you to be responsible and in a suitable condition.
3. If you have any recommendations we would love to read it, it can only help! :)
Volunteering is enriching experience and you will meet very special people among us. Please bring your best attitude and join our journey :)
You will get a wonderful opportunity to interact with travelers from all over. Goa gets visitors from Russia, UK, Japan, Ukraine, etc and of course a lot of local youngsters too from other parts of India. You will never be far from various aspects of Indian culture, and yeah, Indian/Goan cuisine too! How is that for a bonus ?!
- You will have a shared space - a room with 4-6 bunk beds - with other staff, and access to a common kitchen.
- During the peak season, you may have to stay in a nearby house.
- One meal per day will be provided by hostel . Volunteers have access to the shared kitchen. So they can cook their own meal anytime.
You are very close to the gorgeous beaches and markets of Anjuna and Vagator. If you can ride a motorbike or scooter, or ready to take public transport, you can easily access the dozens of spectacular beaches further up and down the Goan coast, from Canacona/Agonda in the south Arambol/Mandrem just a bit to the north. Rest assured, there wont be a boring minute here! If you have a few days or you are willing to fly, cultural attractions in neighboring provinces like Hampi, Kochi, Gokarn, Pune are all readily accessible. Or you could take it east and take classes to learn to ride a motorbike or cook mouth-watering Goan seafood. It is all your choice.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week