Learn hospitality and tourism in beautiful Port Angeles, Washington Where The Mountains Meet The Sea! Close to Olympic National Park and Victoria, BC -- about as far Northwest as you can get in the lower 48!
Located just 2 miles from Olympic National Park Headquarters, this brick craftsman home is currently a Homestay for travelers. It's just minutes from downtown Port Angeles and easily accessible via public transportation such as the Dungeness Line from Seattle or local bus.
• Learn to host local and international travelers on popular travel-friendly platforms
• Daily duties: Clean the house, change the bed, communicate in english
• Occasional yard work (cutting, raking, planting, etc.) *️️️️Organic gardening experience is a plus
• Occasional odd jobs in general property maintenance
• Possible help in the kitchen or with an infant
ABOUT THE SPACE(S)
1930's era Tudor home with 5 bedroom, 3 bathrooms. Separate entrance with off street parking and great access to public transportation. Main level is used for guests, meals and social time. Finished basement is laundry, workshop, entertainment area.
-WHAT CAN I OFFER YOU-
• Clean, clutter-free accommodation
• Availability and great communication
• Laundry service
• High Speed WIFI
• Local knowledge and guideservice
• Quiet time between 9pm and 7am for quality rest
•A drug-free/ drama-free attitude on your part
•Honesty, integrity, reliability -- you should have positive references if possible
• Excellent communication and availability -- no flakes!
• Your willingness to maintain the 'rhythm of the house' by not becoming a pest
• This opportunity is for registered Workaway members able to legally work in the USA only!
• If you read everything here, please add a '1%' to your inquiry -- this confirms your agreement to all of our house rules and terms -- this is the only way I can weed out cut and paste applicants who don't read!
FOLLOW-UPS ARE ALWAYS PROVIDED TO WELL-QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
My goal is to train quality hosts in the tourism market and help you gain valuable skills in property maintenance and guest relations. You can learn what it means to be a five star host while developing skills to maintain a healthy and sustainable independent traveller's lifestyle. Learn all aspects of running a small BNB including day to day operations, marketing, guest communication, and more. End goal is to gain financial independence while learning a popular trade. Transfer skills into the multi-billion dollar hospitality and tourism industries. Learn to be a property manager so you can make money even if you don't have your own property! Get out and explore the Olympic Peninsula during your free time too!
CURRENT MINIMUM: 21 days
CURRENT Workaway CAPACITY: ONE
*️️️️You should be mature of mind, yet young at heart and be willing to engage in a variety of tasks.
Basic duties & requirements may include (but are not limited to)...
- General housekeeping (changeovers) that include washing and changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, cleanup.
- Basic maintenance of home with the help and oversight of the owner as needed.
- Ability to follow reasonable directions and problem-solve as needed.
- A sense of independence and adventure (a sense of humor helps!)
- Maintain a healthy mindset without drug use.
- Be emotionally stable and have the legal right work in the USA (proper visa endorsements).
- Be willing to volunteer up to 5 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- Maintain clean a tidy spaces without trash or excessive clutter.
-Able to follow house rules (written or spoken)
- BE WILLING TO ENGAGE AND GET TO KNOW YOUR HOSTS!
This host offers accommodation and payment.
A room in a shared house and/ or a large backyard tent if available in the summer months.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO AROUND HERE?
Olympic National Park, CoHo Ferry to Vancouver Island, Sol Duc Hot Springs, Hoh Rainforest, and much more.
Bicycle riding on Olympic Discovery Trail, hiking, backpacking, walking, and more. You can also use your down time to refine your art skills in poetry, photography, reading, or creative writing.
DUNGENESS LINE, public transportation, UBER, LYFT and taxi serve almost all locations.
AVERAGE DAILY SCHEDULE:
• Mid week quiet time is usually 9pm-7am M-F, but we often stay up later on the weekends
• I often get out on the weekends, you are welcome to join your host(s) to explore and have fun!
• I prefer to socialize with our guests - so if you are not social, this may not be the right place for you.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to ask!
--10 TIPS TO SUCCEED WITH WORKAWAY--
1) Please be genuine; better yet -- be friendly
2) Share something about yourself in your profile and introductions
3) Be motivated to learn and do good work
4) Remember to get and give feedback or references - this is a trust-based network!
5) Please indicate the purpose or goal of your visit
6) Read entire listing details carefully -- then ask questions!
7) Communicate your needs and expectations early
8) Be honest
9) Be reliable
10) Have fun!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Up to 5 hours a day, 6 days a week.