Favourited 268 times
We are a small Ethiopian athletics project which organises altitude training for every level of fitness enthusiast. We also run an athletics club in Addis Ababa - through which we work to broaden our athletes' skills in areas such as English, communication skills, athletics coaching and massage - in addition to a renewable energy project.
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
Spending time with us presents an excellent opportunity for self-starters to advance marketing, web skills, computer design or conversation-focused English teaching skills with a small Ethiopian project. You can gain first-hand experience of living and training at altitude alongside the best (if running is of interest to you, but it doesn't have to be), while also mixing with elite athletes and renewable energy enthusiasts, experiencing Addis Ababa's rich culture, social life and fresh food. You can also learn some Amharic.
We would like help with any of the following:
(1) Update website content and social media sites - working with programmes such as WordPress, Microsoft Excel, MailChimp and Google Analytics - for our athletics club and our social-development programme and its related renewable energy project;
(2) Design leaflets, posters and events materials using programmes such as InDesign and PhotoShop;
(3) Conduct creative video editing and compilation (using Windows Movie Maker or equivalent programme) from our existing folder of clips, in addition to filming new footage;
(4) Research and review activities in the athletics and athletics-tourism sectors, including contributing ideas for marketing strategy improvements;
(5) Draft a comprehensive implementation plan for a charity fun run event (minimum 500 participants), scheduled to take place in late 2019;
(6) Plan and deliver a short course of basic English lessons to our local club athletes, with a focus on sports tourism and spoken English practice through role plays and use of new vocabulary.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please give some details about which of these tasks you would be most interested in (and best suited to) working on.
English, French, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Oromifa
We are a 20-minute walk from the eucalyptus forests and Entoto Hills of Addis Ababa, and a 45-minute bus journey from the city centre. Room and board (three meals per day) provided.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours per day, 5 days a week