We are a small Ethiopian business which organises altitude training programmes for every level of fitness enthusiast. We also run an athletics club in Addis Ababa and we work to broaden our athletes' skills by training them in English, communication skills, massage, handicrafts and tourism.
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
We would like help with any of the following:
(1) Update website content and social media sites, working with programmes such as WordPress, Excel, MailChimp and Google Analytics;
(2) Design leaflets, posters and events materials;
(3) Research and review activities in the athletics and athletics-tourism sectors;
(4) Develop a funding proposal for our athletics club and our social-development programme and its related renewable energy project, including seeking sponsorship and funding opportunities;
(5) Seek funding and compile grant applications for our renewable-energy project, Green Scene;
(6) Compile an investment proposal for an athletics training centre – layout, facilities, themes, budgeting, proposal – which integrates ecological designs and practices;
(7) Plan and deliver a short course of basic English lessons to our local club athletes, with a focus on sports tourism and spoken English practice through role plays and use of new vocabulary.
English, French, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic
We are a 20-minute walk from the eucalyptus forests and Entoto Hills of Addis Ababa, and a 45-minute bus journey from the city centre. Room and board (three meals per day) provided.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Spending time with us presents an excellent opportunity for self-starters to advance marketing, promotion and web skills or conversation-focused English with a small Ethiopian business. You can gain first-hand experience of living and training at altitude alongside the best (if running is of interest to you, but it doesn't have to be), while also mixing with elite athletes, experiencing Ethiopia's rich cultural and social life, and eating fresh healthy Ethiopian food. You can also hone IT, design and marketing skills and learn some Amharic.
4-5 hours per day, 5 days a week