I am associated with a school which is situated in a place known as Kolar (rural India), which is about 37 miles from Bangalore, India. I whole heartedly welcome your volunteers to have the program related to "english speaking and one world" for our school children.
A brief profile about the institution :
(Kindergarten through 6th : ICSE and State Syllabus )
ABOUT EDUCATION TRUST
Our Education Trust was established in the year 1997 with a dream of providing quality education. The Trust is currently running a PU College, Degree College, PG College at Bangalore and International School at Kolar (which is 60 kilometers from Bangalore).
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Education in recent years has become stress creating phenomena for students, parents and school. Our International School is situated at Kolar which is 37 miles from Bangalore. Here we plan to create a system where education is made interesting to remove stress.
OUR AIMS AND ASPIRATIONS
• Helping children to achieve academic Excellence.
• Providing good training in physical education, sports and games by Eminent Coaches.
• Nurturing talents and developing aesthetic sense by exposing children to Various faculties like Fine Arts, Craft, Music, Dance, Drama etc under the guidance of professionals from out-side.
• Developing love for nature by organising activities in environmental awareness & adventure.
• To make appropriate usage of innovations in Information Technology and using Computer as an aid for learning.
• Enrichment of life skills and honing multiple intelligence.
Currently we have the following classes :
Pre-Nursery for kids : 2 Years 10 months – 12 children
Lower kindergarten: 3 Years 10 months – 51 children
Upper Kindergarten: 4 Years 10 months – 30 children
PRIMARY & SECONDARY:
I standard: 5 years 10 months – 20 children
II standard – 17 children
III standard – 11 children
IV standard – 6 children
V standard – 12 children
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
To teach english / german / french / swimming / computers / art / craft / drama etc.. for rural children and help them to understand about the global village concept.
Rent free accommodation would be provided to the Volunteers. It is basically a house meant for Teachers. It has 2 rooms, a small hall and a kitchen. Currently one Indian teacher is staying there in one of the room. Maximum of 2 Volunteers can be accommodated in the second room.
All the children we have are from rural background. Rent free accommodation is provided to the Volunteers. Vegetarian food would be provided 3 times a day.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
3 to 5 hours per day
My Photo Album