We are a Community based organization was born after me and my wife training in Special needs education to help kids with visual problems. It is one year old organization with the following main objectives.
1. To help this poor vulnerable kids with visual problems access education.
2. to buy land and build a home, special school, health care facility, a home for aged and for orphans with the above needs and those without those needs
3. start a health care facility that will cater for the welfare of the OVCs
4. to start entrepreneurship training for the poor community dwellers to help foster this OVCs
5. to start a micro loan funds to help economically empower the community
6. To train the community on Health, hygiene, safe water and sanitation program
7. Train the community on modern farming methods.
8. Get involved in environmental conservation and fish farming
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
we are looking for short term/ holidays makers/ interns to come and help us with teaching, social work, farming, fund raising, web building, administration, work in our small clinic for 5 hours daily 5 days a week.
English, French, Swahili
We have a home stay arrangements in my house. We have space with double deck beds enough for four volunteers at ago. we have pit latrine and one modern toilet for those who doesn't like new African experience with the pit latrine.
We are Christians but accept volunteers who are either christian or not as long as they will not interfere with our faith. Volunteers are free to come with us in the church on Sunday or use their weekends for their leisure or tours.
We give free food but we charge accommodations us$5 per day. They will live with my family ans learn our culture.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours daily
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteers stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.
My Photo Album
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.