Our place located in Kinmen of Taiwan, is a small yet cozy guest house with 4 units. The house is a traditional southern-Chinese style and we are looking for workawayers to help in the house!! You can share your story with us. We are really looking forward to your visit!
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
You are looking for a home in Kinmen, and we are looking for 2 workawayers per period!!
1. Adults - more than 18 years old, independent and responsible person.
2. Workawayers must stay 2 weeks or more. We are a guest house so working on weekends is foreseeable.
3. It will be required and necessary to exchange personal contact with the host, such as cellphone no., facebook, whatsapp, LINE, wechat, etc.
4. Chinese or English speaker.
5. If you speak additional languages, it a BIG plus!!
6. If you can accept that we have a flexible schedule when it comes to hosting guests, you are the one!
1. Check-in time is after 3 p.m. and check-out time is 7:30-10 a.m., so normally the cleaning time is during 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. If the guests check-in/out earlier or later, you can adjust your housekeeping time. Just make sure that you do the housekeeping while the guests are not in the house, You will have to-
- sweep and mop the floor
- do the laundry
- make the beds
- take out the trash
2. If we do not have guest, you have to give us 4 hours to clean the house, but you don't have to do it at once. For example, you do 2 hours in the early morning, then go out to have fun. When return in the evening, spend another 2 hours to do the rest. However, you need to inform us when you will do the chores every morning.
3. If you do all above well and fast, the rest of the time is your free time!
Help guests to check-in/out and help them to find our place.
1. Purchase daily supplies (if we are lacked of sth.), gardening (water the plants), decorate or fix the house (if any).
2. Help to receive and forward (notice the host) posts and bills.
3. Teach new workawayers the chores (if any).
Chinese, English. Learning Japanese, French, Spanish, German.
1. We offer a dorm bed in the guest house. Each person will have your own bed. The room is a shared room with its own bathroom.
2. You have to take care of your own meal. You can buy take-outs or ingredients and use our fridge and kitchenette. The kitchenette is not allowed for oily dishes.
3. You can do your laundry at our place for free.
We offer free bikes for you to explore the area and the island. We have special rental offer from the car rental company which allows you to rent an electric scooter (with unlimited batteries exchange) at a very cheap rate, but international driver license will be required. We can also help to arrange rental cars or scooters if you want travel by other vehicles.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Taiwan is an amazing country with traditional delicacies and in Kinmen, you will even find out much more Chinese living style! Kinmen is the front line of the WWII and the Cold War and the Kinmen island was opened to outsiders only 20 years ago. Both our Guningtou village and the island is a battlefield. Been through the wars, the houses in the village were covered with bullet hoes, and so did our house.
The traditional living style and military castles and tunnels were preserved due to the limitation of the construction and are opened to tourists today. There are event operas and concerts held in the water tunnels!
To supply themselves and survive, Kinmen people produce knives made of canons and make food, desserts and wine from the local plants like peanuts and sorghum. You can have a taste and if you are fond of trying new cuisine. You can try peanut candies, sorghum wine milk tea and so on!
By workaway at our place, first of all, you can stay for free in a traditional southern-Chinese style village and house.
If you are a social person, you get the chance to interact with locals and different people, literally!
If you are a travel enthusiast, maybe you will be interested in learning how to run a guest house! :P
If you are learning Mandarin, you may improve your fluency-- maybe! Let's see how far we can go!
Also, we can give you a lot of advice about Kinmen, about Taiwan, about any specific places in Taiwan, about travel, about learning, about cultures... and about so many things!
Come stay with us to begin your journey from Kinmen!
Maximum 5 hours a day
My Photo Album