We are a Backpackers' in Mount Kinabalu and we are located at an ideal location for the budget backpackers who come to climb the Mount Kinabalu. If you are interested in coming to stay, we will try our best to make your stay a memorable one.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Nature of work:
- 5 days per week (5 hours per day)
- Minimum stay: 10 days
- Duties include: cleaning, helping to run our bed and breakfast and to work on all sorts of activities, like building, painting and gardening.
- Meals and lodging provided in return for volunteer help.
Our preferences for volunteers:
- Having an agricultural and horticultural background and/or
- Having experience in construction work
- Must be responsible and have a friendly disposition.
- Volunteers must be medically fit. Those with medical conditions such as asthma and high blood pressure are advised not to volunteer.
- Must be accustomed to high altitude as volunteers will be living and working in such an environment.
English, Mandarin Chinese and Malay.
Dormitory Style Bunk Beds
Bathrooms with hot shower
How to get to our Backpackers:
Fly to Kota Kinabalu (Sabah)
Drive with a bus or Minivan to the Kinabalu Park (ask for drop off 200 m before the entrance,
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours per day 5 days a week