After I graduated from the University of Washington, Seattle with the Bachelor's Degree in Finance and International Business, I decided to come back to my home country Vietnam. With the passion for education, I decided to open an English Center with the goal of creating a great learning environment for local kids and adults in the suburb of Ho Chi Minh city (Tan Phu district).
Our school - offers English classes to kids from age 4 to 18 and adults who can't afford to study at international English learning centers. Our goal is to provide the best learning experience for our students. As English has become a global language, we strive for providing the local the equal opportunities to learn language and prepare for their future. We hope that our students will overcome their fear of speaking a different language and be able to freely express themselves to foreign friends without the language barrier.
Besides low cost classes, we would like to provide free classes to students who can't afford to study with foreign English teachers and built their confidence in communication. Besides English classes, we will organize extracurricular activities to help our students improve their social and interpersonal skills.
We want to create a multi-cultural environment for both volunteers and Vietnamese students. You can discover the Vietnamese culture and customs through meals, daily life and traditional landscapes and festivals. We believe that your contribution will bring many practical benefits to the community and society. As we're just established in 2016, we need a lot of support and help especially from volunteers around the world who will be able to make great impacts on our students who rarely expose to the diversity and experience learning in a multicultural environment.
We are looking for English teachers who are passionate about teaching kids and adults. The volunteers will teach English in exchange for authentic Vietnamese food, accommodation and amazing memories with the friendliest people on earth
- Work as an English teacher
- Prepare lesson plans & teach English to local students
- Support local English teachers in teaching methodology, teaching skills and other activities like organizing the English speaking clubs and other outdoor activities for students.
- Visit local primary, secondary, and high schools to partake in activities for students with the goals of helping them improve their social and communication skills
- Help organize cultural and lingual sharing sessions bringing opportunities for the local to acknowledge foreign culture and allowing volunteers to learn more about the rich culture and history of Vietnam
- Homemade meals from my mom
- Living in a nice, quiet and safe room with a bathroom
- Internet access
- Enjoying free Vietnamese authentic food everyday.
We will provide our volunteers with the best living condition possible to make sure that you will enjoy your stay in Vietnam and have memorable experiences
We are located in Tan Phu district where you will get to enjoy the lifestyle of a real local. You will be able to experience the hustle bustle of an outdoor market right next to our English center and make friends with the friendliest local who are always eager to help and share what they have.
- There is a stadium and a park close by where you can join in with some sport activities such as soccer and running. Sometimes, there are some traditional festivals for the community to enjoy.
- There are nearby markets and supermarkets (AEON mall, Coopmart) where you can buy fresh produce and communicate with the friendly local people.
- It is near the bus station and the airport which makes it easy to travel to HCMC center and other interesting areas around HCMC. In addition, you can drive a motorbike to HCMC center in just 30 minutes. Last but not least, sometimes volunteers are invited to visit local families to enjoy the traditional culture and take part in their family
The centre is only 30 minutes away from District 1 (downtown) - home to most of the major sights and an expanding number of bars and restaurants. District 1 was designed by French architects during the colonial era, which explains the wide, tree-lined boulevards and frequent parklands. Notable attractions in Saigon's District 1 include Saigon City Hall, Saigon Opera House, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office, Reunification Palace, National History Museum, Jade Emperor Pagoda, Jamia Al Muslimin Mosque, Mariamman Hindu Temple and the tallest building in the city, the Bitexco Tower.
As the school is represented by a team of young, passionate and outgoing people, volunteers will be able to take part in all social outings and local sightseeing. During your time off, we will organize outing trip outside of the city and help volunteers plan their travel during their stay in Vietnam
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
- Live alongside the locals and get a real insight into the Vietnamese culture
- Welcomed to be a part of the host family and get involved in the process of starting a new English Center
- Experience daily life of a real local buying food from the outdoor market, sharing cozy meals with the local
- Vietnamese lessons
- Professional on-the-job training
- Build network and connect with the local
- Develop project management skills
- Reference letter for good performance
- Certificate of completion
7 days a week (2 - 4 hours/ day)
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.