We are Carolina and David. About thirty eight.
We have two wonderful children of five years old and two and a half year old.
We love travelling and hiking, and now our lives revolve around our children.
We live in a beautiful house with large garden to enjoy with our children. Our chalet is surrounded by countryside half an hour from Madrid center.
David works as an engineer. Carol is a college professor, nurse, coach and expert in mindfulness. At this moment she is out of work in order to take care of his children with dedication and respect.
Niñera / cuidado de niños
Cocinar / compras
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda con idiomas
Why we think it may be interesting for you to share time with us.
- If you like to live in the countryside, our house has direct access to a protected natural park, with oaks and juniper, where wild boars, goats, eagles and vultures and another wild animals live. Besides our beautiful garden is a beautiful place to rest, meditate, play, work with the land, gardening ...
- If you like to know the Spanish culture, from our house you can access Madrid in half an hour, with a bus stop a five minute walk from home that takes you to Madrid every 20-30 minutes. Madrid is the capital of Spain, and has many activities and life to offer you: Spanish and international food, tapas, places of great atmosphere like the Latin, the best museums, parks, theaters and cinemas, terraces ... What I'm going to say about Madrid (I can only say that other people who have accompanied us will return soon to be able to continue to know).
- In addition Madrid is a neuralgic center to know all Spain in trips of some days: the natural beauty of the north, Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria ... Direct trains to Barcelona and Catalonia; Or deepen the beauty of the south, Andalusia ...
- And if you want to go deeper from Madrid in an hour you can go to cities as beautiful as Toledo, Segovia, Avila, El Escorial.. Or in two hours in Salamanca, our beautiful city of origin.
- Also from our house you can walk or bike (It's a 30-minute walk) to a small town with all the charm of small villages, a town where people greet you on the street, where they do many cultural activities, with a theater, good food ...
In addition to all this, I believe that the experience of living with us could be very interesting for our way of life: a relaxed life, oriented to children and personal development. We can meditate together (Carolina is an expert in mindfulness), go for a walk in the countryside ...
And also once a month or every two weeks we usually go to museums with children, to Madrid, to meet other sites, and we will be happy to accompany you.
In addition, we continue to develop our interests in breeding, permaculture, gardening, so if you can contribute knowledge on the subject or want us to discuss it, it will be very enriching.
And of course, if you want to know our language, we will be happy to share with you our Spanish from Salamanca, which is defined as the best Spanish in the world.
What are we looking for.
We are looking for a person who really loves and respects children, who likes to be with them, play and enjoy with our children.
We want our children to grow with the wealth of other cultures and languages around them.
We believe that life in community is very important for our development as people. Our children enjoy playing and being with people who are really there for them, accept them and respect them.
We seek to share the upbringing of our children with people who enrich us as people, who want to share their culture and their life with us.
The role of the person who accompanies us is that: accompany us. The person we want at our side is someone who understands children, who has knowledge about their evolutionary development, works themselves as a person, accompanies children and accepts them, suggests activities and follows their Rhythms, always from the respect and the knowledge of the child, not from the imposition or the direction. It is also interesting that you can plan activities for children (from making bread to soap bubbles...) always following the rhythms and interests of children.
For the education of our children we rely on the knowledge of the child nature from the anthropological, psychological, sociological, always with a look at the scientific evidence ... To allow self-regulation of the child is the key point in our parenting .
We would like to share with you readings on education and upbringing of authors such as Peter Gray, Alfie Kohn, Rebecca and Mauricio Wild, Naomi Aldort, Arno and André Stern, Bowlby, Wilhelm Reich, Maria Montessori, Yolanda González Vara, Carlos González, Rosa Jové, Marshall B. Rosenberg ... ...
We want someone to share time of our life, exchange experiences ... and above all that is there with and for children, with presence and full acceptance.
We also ask for help to share basic household tasks, general cleaning of common areas, help or take turns cooking, and above all we need help to keep the house in order (children's toys may appear in unsuspected places ...).
And if you like gardening, we are deepening in permaculture and organic garden, and for now we have some tomatoes and some spectacular flowers, so if you can contribute also in this aspect, we will be delighted. Our garden needs almost as much help as a mom with two small children ☺️
We are looking for mostly native English-speaking people since our children are currently entering in that language.
What kind of accommodation we offer you.
We live in a spacious and comfortable house with four rooms. One of those rooms, overlooking the mountain, is for you. You have a bed with a comfortable mattress and a goose feather comforter to keep warm on cold winter nights. We can organize the room in the way you consider: desk with chair, maybe a comfortable armchair ...
The bathroom will be exclusively for you during the weekends and for most of the day (David only uses it to shower in the morning when you have to go to work early to avoid waking up when using the one in our room).
The house has a large kitchen, a library and a living room that you can use when you consider it.
Both the lodging and the food we put it. We try to make healthy meals, based on vegetables and fruits. We also eat meat and fish. We like to cook our own bread. We can cook Spanish food together as a potato omelette or paella. We will love to try food from your country.
Thank you for coming here to read everything we have written. If you are interested in sharing a little of your life with yourself, in a healthy, respectful and conscious way, we are looking forward to meeting you.
We have had previous experiences with several people and in most of the times it has been very pleasant and enriching. We continue to maintain contact with some of these people, hoping that they will return in the future or be able to visit them in their countries of origin.
From what we have lived with our previous workawayers, with each of which we have learned different things and enjoyed different ways, we want to specify some points of what we have above in our profile so that they are clearer:
What do we expect from you:
- that you come with a desire to smile, with a positive vision of life; we understand that we all have bad days, but we propose that our relationship be based on the desire to smile and communicate, learn from each other.
- that you really like and understand the children, you feel like playing with them, you speak to them in English (they have a great interest in learning English, we have proven that the most they learn is when the workawayers always speak to them in English - if there is anything they do not understand what you can say in Spanish, but the interaction in general is in English-). That you accompany the children in their game (they love playing with Lego, firemen and police, in the garden with dirt, water and sand ...) or that you propose activities (we have a few books with things to do). You play with them because you really want and you like to play.
- to help us with basic day-to-day issues, such as picking up the table after dinner, sharing the making of meals, or picking up what you have used with the children or that the children have used while they are with you (theme of crafts, toys ...)
As for the schedule, there are no stipulated hours as such. The person who is now with us for example is going to run or to Spanish classes early in the morning and when the children are ready to play, she is with them. Other people will read to their room or rest when they value that the children do not need them at that time.
And on weekends in general our workawayers take the opportunity to travel to Madrid or other areas, or they also accompany us in some outings we can do. If you need to take more days than the weekend to travel we can talk about it without problem.
We usually share lunch and dinner and take the opportunity to share with you and exchange languages (we usually do it speaking in Spanish and English).
It's really like sharing the house with your family, as if you were the big brother or sister. For us it is important that you are available when the children want you to play with them, but we also understand, and so we communicate it to the children and we would also like you to communicate it to them, that we all need our moments of rest or of loneliness or of recollection. Each of our workawayers has been finding their own way of being comfortable with us and finding their times.
If you are interested in knowing us, we were happy to know you! Please, contact us and tell us:
- Why do you have choosen our family. What do you expect from us.
- What do you expect from your stay here, what are your goals during the time you spend with us.
- What do you think you can contribute to our family.
Best wishes, Carolina y David.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week