*️️️️DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE 25 OR UNDER*️️️️ *️️️️DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE A STRONG SWIMMER*️️️️ *️️️️DO NOT APPLY IF YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES*️️️️NO COUPLES
I'm Nate, and I have a sailing catamaran. I have a twin cabin in the catamaran that is unused right now. The boat is currently in San Blas, Panama. This workaway includes a place to stay on the yacht in exchange for help cleaning and cooking while we charter, when not in chartering we charge a day rate. Our charters run $250/person/day so an emphasis on professionalism and complete customer service is expected.
The right candidate would help us about 3-4 hours a day for a month.
The rest of your day is up to you - but here there is great diving and snorkeling, we eat very well, and we make mean cocktails :)
There is limited connectivity, so bear with me.
Cocinar / compras
Mantenimiento / bricolage
- Provisioning (shopping)
- Cleaning (inside and out)
- Photography a plus
- People over 25
- Conversational Spanish, fluent English
- Boating/sailing experience
English, passable Spanish
A twin bed onboard my sailing yacht - S/V NOMAD. The boat is a 2000 Lagoon 380 (Google it if you're not familiar).
The people who are the best fit are surfers, sailors, fishermen, and freedivers - people who spend their lives in the ocean. If you're not a water-person or a boat-person, this is not for you. If you are not a proactive worker, this is not for you. If you cannot cook, this is not for you.
I do not pay for food, but do provide accommodation. After several months I've decided to use a per day rate that covers: food, water, dinghy fuel, generator fuel, etc. It does not cover: alcohol, travel off of the boat, etc.
- everyday is an adventure
- it can be very relaxed
- it is often very beautiful
- you will have an opportunity to dive and fish a lot
- we eat a ton of very fresh seafood
- you can learn an immense amount
- you get to live on a decked out sailing yacht
- there is no other workaway like this
- sometimes there is a bunch of down time to explore, kayak, dive, etc
- this is the cheapest way to travel on a boat
- it's a sailboat, so we drink
- you may get seasick
- it is a boat and things break a lot
- your first priority is keeping the crew fed and the boat clean
- your second priority is capturing the trip via photo/video
- there is limited freshwater (showers are much shorter and less frequent)
- there is limited power (charging things is done via 12 volt car chargers, no hair dryers or microwaves onboard, limited 110 volt onboard / no 220 volt)
- it can be a tight space
- you may spend a week or more out of contact
- we often sail through very remote areas, so you may only see the crew for a week or more at a time
- there can be long periods of time spent at sea (on passages)
- everyone onboard has jobs. We all do them and more. Nobody will hold your hand, though we're very happy to explain things
- the captain is the absolute authority onboard, what he says goes
- rough weather will happen. It's a fact and it's not fun
The bottom line: If you are independent, hard-working, have a strong sense of adventure, are willing to pitch in, and can commit to a month or more - reach out. If not - please be honest with yourself and refrain.
There are a host of new skills to learn, and some of them I can teach. More importantly, you get to see the world from a sailboat without buying a sailboat (or chartering one). Coming from a guy who just bought and outfitted a sailboat - that's a huge plus.
If you like to dive, kayak, fish, sail, explore, etc - you will absolutely love it.
Finally we always, always play as hard as we work :)
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
En los países en vías de desarrollo (donde la mayoría de los anfitriones que están involucrados trabajan en obras de caridad, programas de desarrollo, educación entre otros), Workaway permite que algunos de nuestros anfitriones bajo este perfil, pidan a los voluntarios una pequeña donación para ayudar a la familia con las que se quedarán, a menudo menos de 5 dólares por día. Workaway permite el cargo solo cuando la donación está dirigida directamente a la familia o programas de caridad y es sólo para cubrir el costo de la estancia los voluntarios. (Todo anfitriones que haya declarado algún cargo estará claramente marcado en su listado).
Workaway NO permite listados de agencias e intermediarios o proyectos que consideramos están buscando sacar provecho de una los voluntarios.