Austria, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Nicaragua, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
01/08/2016 - 31/12/2017
Hi, I'm Karina! Welcome to my profile :)
Learning new things and helping others with my skills is what I want to do and Workaway is the perfect opportunity do exactly that. I recently quit my longterm job as a Graphic Designer to travel the world and do the things I love. I am passionate about Yoga, (Wind-) Surfing and other action sports, travelling, the outdoors, a healthy lifestyle, but also about tech, music, art & design.
Friends say I am easy-going and fun, but also down-to-earth. I am a peaceful and polite person, reliable and organized, trying to tackle every task with positivity, especially when I try something for the first time.
With Workaway I would love to make new friends and learn as much as I can... not only about each project and the given tasks, but also new languages and about the culture of every place. I want to experience how it really is to live like a local.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
My skills include the following, but I am open and willing to learn and to do different kind of jobs:
- Print and Web Design, Photography & Photo Editing (I have my Laptop and all necessary Software with me on my travels)
- Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing
- Communication / Copywriting (German & English)
- Translation German-English-German (Websites, Flyers etc.)
- Teaching languages (German & English)
- Reception (German & English)
- Yoga (practicing for 6+ years, attended 80h Teacher Training)
- Windsurfing (practicing for 3 years, Windsurf Instructor licence)
- Manual work, wall painting, decorating, handicraft etc.
- Cooking, preparing & serving food
- Running errands
German (mother tongue), English (fluent)
I am open to/for
- a language exchange: You teach me your language - I teach German or English :)
- you to help enhance my teaching skills: Yoga, Surfing & Windsurfing (assisting, sitting in on classes)
- you to show me how to cook: Vegetarian, Raw & Vegan, local specialities
- learn completely new skills: Gardening, Permaculture, ...
- you to teach me a musical instrument: Guitar, Piano, Singing, ...
- learn everything about your Country, City and Culture!
Special dietary requirements
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.