We are a social enterprise in Vietnam. Our desire is not yet as macro as ‘creating a better world’ or ‘enhancing equality in Vietnam’ because we are just small drops of sand in this enormous world. For now, we just want to ignite lights for the children in the North of Vietnam by helping them widen their eyes, to gain access to a proper education as well as career opportunities. We want to maximize improvements and social impact in human and environmental well-being as well as operating corporate responsibility programs. We believe in the ideology of Buddhism ‘when giving, you are receiving’ so our vision is ‘by giving, you receive more than you expected’
Our mission is to gradually deal with unemployment rate amongst youth. Due to the Universities commonly teaching theory with little practical application, Vietnamese youth are faced with many obstacles in finding a suitable job after graduating. Identifying this urgent problem, we would like to provide practical skills in English and tourism for those graduates so that they can have enough skills to better approach career opportunities.
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
we need help with 3 different projects:
1. TEACHING ENGLISH AND PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE TOURISM (NO FEE)
We wish to tackle the unemployment rate in Vietnam, and one of the ways we can do this is by providing language education at an affordable cost. Especially in Northern Vietnam, in the regions of Hanoi and Ha Giang (a province on the border with China where we have implemented our first Responsible Tourism Project). Language education is unfortunately very expensive in Vietnam and so it is not something that most people have the luxury of being able to afford. We provide skills training in English and tourism (when applicable) so that the unemployed or employed students with a low salary can have better job opportunities after they graduate from university.
• Classes for students:
- They are from 18-27 years old and eager to learn. They include 2 kind of students:
1: Disadvantaged students whom we are training to be our tour guides for Responsible Tourism.
2: Students in universities who pay a small fee.
• Class for kids:
- They are from 7 - 14 years old. The classes will be located around Hanoi. Vietnamese volunteers will take you to these classes by bus, motorbike or walking.
• Class for disabled students:
- They are from 12-24 years old and they all have disabilities.
Our volunteers tasks include :
*Creating materials and lesson plans for English classes.
*Going with them to the places where they will be your tour guide so that they can learn practical skills.
*Helping out in outdoor and indoor activities with the students.
* Observing classes.
* Helping them to design products.
WORKING HOURS: Maximum 5 hours per day. 5 days per week.
Free accommodation (clean and nice rooms) with three authentic meals per day.
Green tea, coffee and fruits are available.
Picnics and city tours every week.
Learn how to make traditional products with disabled kids.
REQUIRE: We prefer native speakers or those with teaching experience for this project, however more than this we prefer friendly people with an open mind and a good positive attitude.
2 PROGRAM ASSISTANT (NO FEE)
We realise the tourism industry will be gradually damaged by many people who lack the knowledge on how to protect the environment, taking advantage of the natural beauty without damaging anything.
With a mission to widen and implement initiatives which was funded by the European Commission that we participated in. This is an approach to the sustainable and responsible management of tourism, aimed at maximising economic, social and environmental benefits while minimising the costs to destinations.
It is not only a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn about responsible tourism but also work within a new sector of Vietnamese economy.
SUGGESTED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
University degree in economics, human resource management, education, international development, marketing, Design, Film maker, or other relevant fields, or equivalent in experience.
Experience in social dialogue, capacity building in the private sector in developing countries, corporate social responsibility, blogger, fundraising or other relevant field.
High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary;
Poised, works well under pressure and attentive to detail;
Excellent communication skills and an ability to inspire and motivate others.
Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize;
WORKING HOURS: Maximum 5 hours per day. 5 days per week
Free accommodation (clean and nice room) with three authentic meals per day.
Green tea, coffee and fruits are available.
Picnic or a city tour every week.
3. Help locals with construction.
We want to search for the situations which have a needs for construction of a house, a toilet or roads…
For example in many places, roads are muddy, and on rainy days it is extremely difficult to go on that way. Everyday, some children need to walk 7km down a muddy road just to get to school and farmers cannot go to their farm using a bicycle or motorbike. In the harvest season, they need to carry heavy stuff on their back and walk for a long time. It must be very tiring.
We can support a group of Volunteers, who want to help those people have better life. They can join us by themselves and their own financial means. We will help to contact the community, buy necessary things for the volunteer work and arrange their stay… It depends on the project but contact us in advance to know if there are any projects available.
We are looking for volunteers who don't just intend on directly participating in our activities but also in helping us to develop our activities at the same time.
Joining us will give you the following chances:
- Travel like a local with unique tours designed by our students that you can not get from anywhere. They will bring you the breath of Hanoi and help you to discover and experience the true Vietnam.
- Living in a nice, quiet and safe room.
- Enjoying free Vietnamese authentic food everyday.
- Learn how to cook some vietnamese cuisines and bring recipes back home to share with your friends and family.
- Green tea, coffee and fruits are available.
- Vegetarian food for those who do not eat meat.
- Located in a convenient location, close to the hospital, a 5 minute walk to the supermarket, gym, yoga centre, bus stop and Cinema.
- Working in an extremely friendly environment.
- Lots of free time to travel anywhere you want.
- Be volunteers for us and you can have the chance to visit incredible places in the northeast of Vietnam with Dong Van global Karst Plateau Geopark or going to some another provinces with breathtaking views.
- We do not think you are volunteers, we think you are our family whom we love and care for.
- Joining in with will not only have see you have fantastic experiences in Vietnam but also help to bring happiness to less fortunate people, giving meaning to your time spent with us.
Free accommodation with meals, air conditioner, wifi.
Picnic, Local tours, cooking class, city tours, vietnamese lesons, certificate for volunteering...
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 per day
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.